My fiancé and I stayed at the hotel over bank holiday weekend. The exterior is very grand and is surrounded by lovely scenery. We checked in at reception to be told there would be no food served during our stay and the only two places to eat were 5 miles away, however for some reason they could serve hot breakfasts. I presume this was because the breakfast was microwaved. This put a bit of a dampner on our trip as we had already drove nearly 3 hours. We now couldn't have a relaxing evening as we had to venture out again. This added another 20 miles onto the trip. We decided to try the stables bar one evening. It was very bizarre. There was only one couple in there on a Saturday night at 8pm. The bar resembled a student union with its plastic chairs, large screen TV and pool table. It was a total contrast from the grand exterior of the castle. We stayed for one drink as it lacked any kind of atmosphere and I wish I never bothered to get dressed up to go there. We stayed in room 10 and it it had a mismatch of modern and old furniture. The TV was 15 inch and not worth putting on. The shower was the worst I've used. It was Luke warm and just let out a pathetic drizzle. The bed was comfy and the carpet looked new and was clean. Overall we were very disappointed with our weekend here. I complained to the receptionist who said she would get the manager to contact us at 12 when she came in but I had to ring her the next day as we received no call. She apologised and offered vouchers to eat there. However as it's a 3 hour trip to get there so we will not be using them as we are not staying there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A small, friendly Castle Hotel in the heart of the beautiful Northumberland countryside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Otterburn Castle Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Otterburn Tower Hotel Otterburn
- The Otterburn Hotel
- The Hotel Otterburn
- Otterburn Castle Country House Hotel Northumberland