“OUTSTANDING IN ALL AREAS” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Otterburn Castle Country House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Otterburn
Rotherham, United Kingdom
“OUTSTANDING IN ALL AREAS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Only stayed one night but first class.
The building is very impressive inside and out, newly decorated, fir for Royalty.
The staff are very friendly and genuinely helpful and willing to make your stay as perfect as possible.
The food and service, excellent, on a par with some of the UK,s best and cannot be faulted.
Thank you for a great stay and don,t change a thing. 5 Star service.
You will always get someone who no one can please, that,s just human nature of minorities.
Thank you for a wonderful top quality stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Sunderland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel is beautifully situated in a quiet rural area - which is exactly what we wanted. Standard room was immaculate - newly decorated - sumptuous comfortable bed with large bathroom. We arrived mid afternoon on a terrible rainy day but staff made us feel comfortable straight away. Asked for a spot of lunch which was brought to us in the lounge/ bar quickly. Drinks very reasonably priced. We had a 3 course meal in the evenng which was delicious and not hurried and passed a pleasant evening. Breakfast again excellent with plenty of choice. Small number of staff but all doing a fabulous job. I cannot rate this hotel and our stay highly enough. Will definitely be back soon. Great value all round in a hotel situated nicely for sightseeing days.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Carlisle, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Booked a late room deal for a SUITE WITH FOUR POSTER bed (which was on my bucket list). Arrived and was shown to a suite with a sleigh bed. Didn't complain at time, as I was unsure of what we booked without checking my e mails. The room we stayed in was lovely, BUT NOT WHAT WE PAID FOR!!! The manager was pleasant, food ok.
When I got home, I checked my emails and rang the manager immediately with my complaint, took 16 hours for him to return my call. Telling me we were upgraded to a sleigh bed room and that there were only two 4 post rooms in the hotel. Offered me a £10 refund, or another 'free' upgrade on a future stay. Didn't seem to grasp my reasoning of why should I pay twice for the room we booked in the first place. Told him I'd speak trading standards about this matter. THIS IS THE LAST CONTACT I HAD WITH STEFAN- the manager.
Have text the number he said I could reach him on, rang the hotel on numerous occasions, no luck. No call back. next step, a solicitors letter for misrepresentation. I WOULD NOT STAY IN THIS HOTEL AGAIN FOR FREE. The website doesn't portray a true description of the hotel. The suite we did stay in has a 4 poster on the website.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank ksmith1973
Northumberland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed for one night with travel zoo and it was well worth the money .The bedrooms were nicely decorated and comfortable to sleep in .THe food was delicious and also the breakfast if I had to make one negative issue it would be the service .I think they need more staff as we had to wait a while for our main meal and even longer for the breakfast .The staff were really pleasant .In the room I think it also could of had information regarding the history of the hotel it would of been a nice touch .I would definitely come back but only on a voucher as I think it would be too expensive if I paid separate for everything .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

We enjoyed our two night stay at otterburn castle, our room was very clean and well equipped, the food and staff were very good. My only criticism is that although the hotel was beautifully decorated it lacked the finishing touches like magazines, flowers etc it just looked very bare and you didn't feel inclined to sit in the bar/ lounge areas.

Room Tip: We had a room on the left of the castle and our outlook was a marquee back so perhaps a front facing...
Sandbach, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Having just returned from a short break at otterburn (stayed sun./mon 27th&28th)my reaction is what a let down,the room we had was fine but was like a sauna on entering,so i went straight for the windows i managed to open them a few inches but could not open the bathroom window at all due to layer upon layer of repainting.The next let down was the evening meal which thankfully was included in the travelzoo deal,it was minimal and not that good in all honesty,the staff were very pleasant though.Breakfast was,nt much better the fruit was dry,there was no waste basket for empty cereal packets and no granulated sugar for your cereal!!!! The grounds are in a bit of a state aswell a gardener would be a good idea.But the big one for me was being stung for £20 corkage on 2 bottles of wine we had in our room!!This has never happened to us before and we have stayed in some very nice country hotels over the years,The only time it was pointed out about the corkage was when we were given the bill,it is right next to where you sign your check in form but when you have just driven 200 miles you just want to get to your room,So Otterburn i think you need to be a little more upfront on this issue!.

1 Thank Rdmg
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

This is a most impressive hotel which retains its true identity as a castle. We were treated very well by all the staff who were professional and friendly. The castle has been newly refurbished in keeping with its grand heritage. It is set in a mopst idyllic area of Northumberland, beautifully natural and peaceful, perfect for 'away time;' from city life and work stress. Is there such a thing as 'too quiet' as another reviewer has reported? Our dinner, wine and breakfast were excellent and well served. Tables were well dressed with quality cutley and perfectly folded linen napkins. We loved everything about this place and wish the proprietor and his team every success in this business. We would absolutely recomment this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: apologies... 'swimming pool' clicked by mistake and website wont let me unclick! there is no...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Otterburn
Langley Castle Hotel
#1 of 1 in Eshott
Macdonald Linden Hall Golf & Country Club
Battlesteads Hotel
Riverdale Hall Country House Hotel

Been to Otterburn Castle Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!