We stayed for 3 nights with friends from Ireland as a base for visiting points of interest in the local area. When we booked we were unaware of the many awards which Jim & Jill have received and so it was a really wonderful surprise to be greeted with such a calm and assured professional manner. We rang before our arrival, because we were early to check that it would be OK, and we were greeted with tea and biscuits and a big smile - just what is needed after a long drive. Every detail has been addressed from a handy torch in the bedside table, a bag of essentials if you have forgotten to pack them (razor, toothpaste/brush, DVDs on the local area etc) and everything in the room looked brand new. The overriding memory is of being immediately welcomed into the St Cuthberts family and nothing was too much trouble from arranging boat trips, restaurant advice, best beaches, all manner of local detailed advice etc. Indeed, my wife needed to see a doctor and Jim immediately arranged it and she was at the surgery and sorted out within 1 1/2 hours. If you intend to stay in the Seahouses area, this is a must. Some guests have suggested that the "value for money" is only a 4 rating but, for goodness sake, look at the quality of the venue, the food, the rooms and the fantastic welcome; this was a comprehensive and professional performance in every respect. Few hotels offer such a welcome. We think that it is cheap at the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Winner of VisitEngland 'Guest Accommodation of the Year 2014' - England's Best B&B! Come and see why! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your St. Cuthbert's House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Cuthbert`s House Hotel Seahouses
- St. Cuthbert's House Seahouses, Northumberland