All reviewsthe pubmain barthe upper decknautical memorabiliabeer gardenolde worldnooks and cranniesfarne islandscabin barsmoked fish chowderhanging from the ceilinggreat beerseparate loungeharbour viewreal alecraster kippersfour poster
Reviewed 29 August 2014

A party of four over 60s enjoying a weekend in Seahouses at the Olde Ship. We selected the place on the basis of the reviews and have not been disappointed. Food and rooms first class, staff friendly and helpful, bar buzzing. Only slight problem, hence overall 4 rating, is the car park. We found a space, but a tight squeeze.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Visited Northumberland for a few days golf and stayed at this excellent establishment for 3 nights B&B. Room was clean and ahd all the necessary facilities even if some of the furniture was a little tired but not a problem. Hotel is busy with lunch and dinner particularly popular (advisable to book) with a great selection on the menu which should suit most tastes since the food is excellet. After your meal head for the bar and just drink in the atmosphere, not to mention the great selection of local beers, and try to spot all the wonderful artefacts which cover the walls. OK it might not be to everyone's taste particularly the minimalists among you but if you have any appreciation of your maritime culture this is a must place to visit.
Breakfast is served in the restaurant and is 1st class.
One warning, there is car parking at the rear of the hotel but if you drive in you'll have to reverse out, olnly confident and competent drivers should venture to park here.
All in all a great visit which was a superb base for my golfing trip and I look forward to returning.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back have no views.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We've eaten here a few times now on visits to the northeast. The Olde Ship is big on maritime memorabilia and local history artefacts that adorn the walls. The lounge is small and snug - great for a pre-dinner drink and coffee afterwards. The restaurant itself is a newer addition with limited space. Good varied menu, plenty of meat and fish choices, vegetarian a little more limited. Staff friendly and service brisk. I thought this was a very good traditional inn offering mid-price dining that's friendly rather than formal.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank wingostar
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I called in on spec at 5 pm on a Saturday in the summer, half expecting to spend (another) night in the car in a layby somewhere.... I was very lucky with the last room - as the very pleasant lady took my details another guy came looking for a room...

For an old sea dog it was heaven; too many seafaring knick knacks to shake a peg leg at. What I will also say, the weather was scorching, the place was very busy, and they had one twin room left, and I was alone. Normally the room goes for about 45 quid each. Instead of the 90 - which I was prepared to pay - the pleasant lady went to the boss who let me have the room for 45 plus a 10 quid single charge. Now, taking into account the season and the weather, this really must be recorded somewhere. I am not suggesting that you, dear readers, negotiate the room rate. I am merely trying to give you an idea of the 'feel-good' factor of the hotel, and the fairness of the management.

Bar was good as well, a bit crowded for me by myself, but it would have been great if I had been with half a dozen jolly jacks...

Room was great - recently decorated and en suite was better than in my house.

If my sister and her kids ever camp down the road again I will be back... recommended!

Oops - I did not eat there - so cannot comment.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Location delightful and lovely views out to sea, but sheltered and close to lots of other facilities. Staff very helpful, including kindly arranging car parking on site when we arrived, and helpful with check-out next morning. Room spacious, with a new bathroom and fluffy towels. Tea making in room and breakfast downstairs all good. Great decorations throughout Bar and Inn of sea folk. Central location for other places such as Lindisfarne and Bambaugh Castle, but with good pub and village atmosphere rather than isolation. A very nice stay and thank you.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends