“Not as good as reviews led me to believe”
Review of Elan Pizzeria

Elan Pizzeria
Ranked #2 of 23 Restaurants in Seahouses
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Contemporary Pizzeria serving from our fresh innovative menu and specials board, including our artisan pizza, baked pasta, fresh salads, puddings and other local delights. We are also licensed to sell our specialist italian wines and beer. We offer all food (save for pasta dishes) and all drinks to enjoy in our restaurant or to takeaway.
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My partner and I went to Elan whilst on holiday in Bamburgh last week. I'd read all the reviews on here before we went so we made it a priority to go get a pizza.

The choice of pizza was excellent and I have to admit when my pizza was put down in front of me I thought 'wow, can't wait to dig in'. However, we both found our tomato sauce very wet and it had made the base a bit soggy. It was also heavily over seasoned with italian spices and we both found it very peppery. We both agreed that the base was lovely and it would have been a great pizza if they corrected these two issues. Neither of us could see why they'd got amazing reviews as we've had much better at other places.

We both got a dessert and neither of us were that impressed with it. I got a warm chocolate fudge cake and it was quite dry. Ice cream wasn't good quality either. You might think I'm being picky, but I've actually had better from my supermarket so you expect a better standard in a restaurant.

Service wise the staff were fantastic. Can't fault them one bit and we felt very welcome and were taken care of.

One other thing we found really annoying was that we were sitting near the door and it opened constantly for people coming in to collect takeaways. We didn't feel like it was a relaxed meal because of the constant flow of people hovering around us.

ElanPizzeria, Owner at Elan Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of Elan. I'm ever so sorry to learn that you didn't enjoy your visit. We are always eager to find out whether customers are enjoying their time with us. To assist with this we do always endeavour to invite feedback during each meal to ensure all is well. As I've had no reports of any issues like this being raised with staff during the last week I can only assume you didn't wish to discuss these with us at the time. You don't mention in your review which of the pizzas you ordered but I would be very keen to know this. We haven't encountered issues or complaints of the tomato sauce being runny or bases being soggy previously and would certainly be sure to remedy this if there was a problem. We would always immediately offer to remake a pizza if it wasn't to your liking, or seek to find other ways to be sure you were happy. We would also always attempt to relocate customers to an alternative table if we knew they were uncomfortable in any way. I'm sorry we weren't able to make things more to your liking on the night but if you would like to contact me I would love the chance to find out how we might make amends for you on another occasion if you were returning to the area. I hope that you enjoyed your holiday overall enough to wish to return to Northumberland again soon. Kind regards Peter

There are newer reviews for Elan Pizzeria

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Good menu and you can take your own drinks and pay a small charge for corkage. the staff are friendly and the service good and importantly the prices are reasonable

1  Thank Michael R
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We had 4 pizza takeaways and they were all delicious. When we rang to order we were reminded that they only take cash but we knew as the menu is clear. I wish I had looked at the specials as well but then that wouldn't have helped with an already difficult choice from an excellent menu. Staff were helpful and friendly

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We had carry outs twice during our holiday delicous and ready when we went tp collect. Very pleasant and friendly staff.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Ordered a margarrita pizza and the price was excellent, get your money's worth. I would have like the base to be a bit more thicker than it actually was but the topping were great. It is not the best pizza I have had but it is sure a try when you are in Seahouses. Go to this pizza place and you will be impressed by the price and quality of food and service.