“B&B and beach ride!”

Slate Hall Riding Centre
Ranked #5 of 12 things to do in Seahouses
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Stayed at the guest house which was onsite so couldn't resist booking one of their beach rides,certainly didn't disappoint. Organised & friendly staff. Got to ride along the beach beneath bamburgh castle.....amazing!

1  Thank Helen J

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Whilst staying at Springwood B&B for a few days I was tempted on having a go on one of the horses, so I did....hey if kids can do it then so could I Right ??? So I booked a lesson for 30mins on a horse called trooper and the lovely Paula took the lesson. I have been on a horse a few times before but Im not one of those horsey enthusiasts. I wanted to have some fun, a bit of trotting, cantering and a jump and thats just what I got, in the meantime I gave my wife 30 mins of pure laughable entertainment. Paula was great , tooper was great , did I get what I wanted from my experience ....yes I did, Would I return ...def when we visit seahouses again. I only wish I could take trooper back home with me, great fun!!

2  Thank suzy692
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I've been riding since I was tiny but have never had a gallop on the beach so this was a first for me.
What a brilliant experience. Beautiful coastline, lovely horses and great guide, Paula.
I rode Biscuit on the 1.5 hour greenhill ride, he was a total gentleman and looked after me all the way.
This will definitely be a once a year treat to myself.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I treated myself and my young niece aged 11 to a beach ride. My niece has ridden quite and is confident in her lessons and on short hacks. We explained this and the pony selected for her experience was perfect. Our leader, Paula, ensured that she felt confident and checked on her when we were cantering. The horses were very well behaved and in good condition. We had a wonderful ride and I felt that we were in safe hands. Will definitely come again.

1  Thank Peppygold
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Girls enjoyed a half hour ride while on holiday in Seahouses. £15 for 30 mins seemed like good value. Thanks

2  Thank Winchcombe1000