Serenity Farne Island Boat Tours
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Seahouses
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Serenity Farne Island Boat Tours offers a wide range of boat trip to the Farne islands in Northumberland. Our boats have toilets on board and our catamaran has disabled access when the tides are right. All ages are welcome as well as dogs. Our skippers and crewman are there to help you with any question you like so pleased do not hesitate to ask. If you want to know about our day to day adventures before you arrive, then why not have a look at our blog.
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We decided to take a boat trip to the Farne Islands whilst holidaying in Northumberland and were really pleased we chose Serenity. The whole approach was really great, from beginning to end, and we learnt a huge amount about the area from our wonderful guide. There were only 4 of us on the trip and our fare only just covered the cost of the fuel but we never got the feeling that taking us out was anything but a pleasure.

TheFarnes, Owner at Serenity Farne Island Boat Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Thank you for your kind review and I'm pleased you got the whole boat for your own private charter. Hope to see you again sometime. Best Wishes from everyone at Serenity.

Reviewed 15 June 2013

Our trip on Serenity II was far superior to the one we took with the other main operator. The boat is beautiful and very stable. You are not crammed in like sardines! Andrew goes out of his way to make sure photographers get great views of Staple Island. His commentary and knowledge of wildlife coupled with his obvious enthusiasm make it more than just a boat ride.

On our return from Inner Farne he asked passengers if we minded being a bit late back as there was a pod of dolphins in the bay. Needless to say no one did - we were all delighted. Andrew took great care to approach the pod slowly and then when they wanted to engage with us they did some bow-riding. It was a real highlight. We will only ever use Serenity for future trips.

2  Thank M R
TheFarnes, Owner at Serenity Farne Island Boat Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Thank you for your kind comments and I'm pleased you enjoyed the trip. I have put some pictures on my blog of the dolphins. I hope to see you again sometime. Regards Andrew

Reviewed 15 June 2013

The control of his catermaran he excercised whilst viewing wildlife was fantastic, my wife and I travelled with him twice in one week and at £13 each was excellent value for money. The second time the sea was a bit choppy, and he diverted off course to make everyones life comfortable. The wildlife we saw would be another chapter.

1  Thank vintageandretyred
TheFarnes, Owner at Serenity Farne Island Boat Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2013

Thank you guys for joining me. It's pleasing that you enjoyed your trip and to come twice is flattering. Thank you from Bud, myself and everyone at Serenity. Regards Andrew

Reviewed 13 June 2013

To be honest I have never done anything like this ever before so as I stood on the quayside it was with a little trepardation. It was fantastic! The whole experience for me was unforgettable. If you are ever in the area then this is a 'must do'. The boat Serenity II was a good ride because it was double hull which made it more stable. The crew were great and attentive and the skipper gave us all the interesting facts as we sailed around the islands. The hour on Inner Farne bird sanctuary was brill but make sure you have a hat on during the breeding season. The journy back was getting a little more rough sea but skipper brought us close to the beach before turning into the wind. I will never forget the whole experience. Thank you skipper.

1  Thank Mike G
TheFarnes, Owner at Serenity Farne Island Boat Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2013

Thank you very much for your kind comments and I'm pleased you enjoyed the trip. Hopefully it will not be as choppy if you return again. Thank you once again. Regards Andrew

Reviewed 10 June 2013

Going out with Andrew and the guys on Serenity II earlier in the year (April) was a dream! The weather wasn't friendly - but the reception by the office staff and crew absolutely was . There was no sense of "us and them" - I think Andrew (skipper) was as interested in the islands and the wildlife as the guests on board. He is knowledgeable and keen to share his enthusiasm.
As someone who is keen on wildlife photography I was particularly grateful to Andrew as he did his best in awkward conditions to provide the very best opportunities to capture those shots that would have otherwise been impossible.
So impressed that I'm going back this month! Look out guys - here I come :-) !

Thank you for your kind comments and hopefully the weather will be better for you next time. Regards Andrew