Was a bit apprehensive about staying here after reading some of the reviews however, we had a great stay. We stayed in a family room which accommodated all five of us very well. Excellent value, extremely clean and super location. We had a meal here on the first night and across the road at the Old Shipe on the second night. Price wise they cost about the same. I preferred the meal at the Old Shipe but the rest of the family enjoyed both. It wasn't the most exciting meal but no complaints. Food aside, I was looking for a place to stay in a good location for visiting the Farne Island, Holy Island & Bamburgh Castle. This place provided us with excellent value for family accommodation. One small complaint would be the lack of mirrors in the family room. We have four women in the family and could find one mirror which was in the bathroom! It was until we were leaving that one of my daughters found another inside the vanity table.
I would agree with a previous reviewer that the chap who takes the phone booking could do with a lesson in customer service! I was rather put off, but I was really pleased we did stay here because it was ideal for our Easter break. So don't be put off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When it comes to top seaside locations, the award-winning Bamburgh Castle Inn in Northumberland is hard to beat. Named Tourism Pub of the Year 2015 in the North East England Tourism Awards, The Bamburgh Castle Inn overlooks the harbour in the fishing village of Seahouses. Newly refurbished, this friendly inn with 33 en-suite rooms has all the charm of the seaside with amazing sea view rooms. Enjoy a drink or eat al fresco in our elevated beer garden with its amazing views of the Northumberland coast towards the Farne Islands and the inn's namesake - Bamburgh Castle. If you're looking for accommodation for a stay away, a guest house or a bed and breakfast in Northumberland that offers excellent value for money, a more laid back approach than a hotel and more service than simply self-catering, look no further than The Bamburgh Castle Inn. With an established reputation for good, home-cooked pub food and serving up a proper pint of Northumberland's finest, The Bamburgh Castle Inn is popular with visitors and locals alike. Don't miss our legendary Sunday Carvery complete with towering Yorkshire Puddings - you won't be disappointed. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Bamburgh Castle Hotel Seahouses
- Bamburgh Castle Seahouses
- Hotel Bamburgh Castle
- Bamburgh Castle Hotel House Sea
- The Bamburgh Castle Inn Seahouses, Northumberland