A snack lunch to forget. Perhaps you pay for the harbour view..........
Two of our group of five had soup, which was acceptable. Two had a crab and pitta bread starter - very small servings at about £7.40 each. One ordered a baked potato and simple salad. The salad was simple, but the baked potato was soggy, sitting in a brown liquid, and basically inedible. Taking this back to the Duty-Manager she understood she was getting a refund. That turned out not to be the case. She was later offered a replacement - by which rime she lost her appetite, and saw little point as the chef had declared the meal fully satisfactory. The staff then took a determined view that there would be no refund, and we left - and won't return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When it comes to top seaside locations, the award-winning Bamburgh Castle Inn in Northumberland is hard to beat. Named Tourism Pub of the Year 2015 in the North East England Tourism Awards, The Bamburgh Castle Inn overlooks the harbour in the fishing village of Seahouses. Newly refurbished, this friendly inn with 33 en-suite rooms has all the charm of the seaside with amazing sea view rooms. Enjoy a drink or eat al fresco in our elevated beer garden with its amazing views of the Northumberland coast towards the Farne Islands and the inn's namesake - Bamburgh Castle. If you're looking for accommodation for a stay away, a guest house or a bed and breakfast in Northumberland that offers excellent value for money, a more laid back approach than a hotel and more service than simply self-catering, look no further than The Bamburgh Castle Inn. With an established reputation for good, home-cooked pub food and serving up a proper pint of Northumberland's finest, The Bamburgh Castle Inn is popular with visitors and locals alike. Don't miss our legendary Sunday Carvery complete with towering Yorkshire Puddings - you won't be disappointed. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Bamburgh Castle Hotel Seahouses
- Bamburgh Castle Seahouses
- Hotel Bamburgh Castle
- Bamburgh Castle Hotel House Sea
- The Bamburgh Castle Inn Seahouses, Northumberland