“Great hack, but not as advertised”

Kimmerston Riding Centre
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great hack, but not as advertised”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

When on holiday in that area of Northumberland, I booked a two hour hill ride for an experienced rider, which on the web page is advertised as a "ride across bracken moors, streams and through woods", but in the end we only did short bits of country lanes and mainly grassy field margins and one stubble field, all in closer proximity to the stables as the first hour was together with a one hour ride group and we just added another hour of the same. It was a nice ride, although my horse was a bit lazy in the second leg and I had to work quite a bit to keep her going. We did some nice canters and I enjoyed the scenery, but it could have been even nicer, would they had led me into the more wilder nature, as suggested on the web page, rather then staying in the agricultural landscape.
I would rate it as 'good', but there is only 'average' or 'very good', so I go for average.
I would still recommend going there, just be clear on what you expect when booking.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank B B

Leicester, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“What a morning!”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

This was the most exhilarating experience; something I've wanted to do for so long.
I had contacted the stables to arrange my ride, (my husband bought me a voucher for Christmas), and they were very helpful and also provided details of possible places to stay as I was unfamiliar with the area.
On the day, everything was very well organised and I followed the horse box down to the Holy Island causeway, ( you can arrange to meet there).
My horse was a little more lively than I am used to, so I was a little nervous, but I was soon put at ease by the people from the stables who are very friendly and encouraging and who really want you to enjoy the ride,( which lasted around 2 hours).
So, picture a beautiful September morning, cantering down a glorious stretch of empty beach. What more could you want? Still smiling!!

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Anne M
Bisley, United Kingdom
180 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 183 helpful votes
“Great ride if a little expensive.”
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

My daughter in law had a two hour beach ride here today. The riding was good with some fairly fast sections which she really enjoyed. Some of the riders in the group did not seem that experienced but overall a good time was had by all. The horses were well suited to the experience of the rider which made a good balance across the group. Her horse was, I understand, an ex racehorse and it obviously wanted to race away if it had been allowed to. If you go then you might want to see if you can meet at the causeway to Holy Island rather than going to the stables then having to follow the horse box to the beach, it could save you a few miles and some time. The necessary paperwork can be done quickly at the point where you collect the horses. Overall a ride to be recommended.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank GTSSurrey
Durham, England, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“The beach ride is expensive but definitely worth it!”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We went on a beach ride as a group of 8 on the holy island of Lindisfarne. It was definitely worth the £80, there was 3 hours riding, including in the sea and we got three good gallops down the beach out of it. Not for novice riders though, the horses are livelier than most riding school horses. A lovely experience not to be missed.

Visited June 2013