“REALLY FUN ! ”

Kimmerston Riding Centre
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Today I went riding on a lovely little pony called donny he was very fun to ride! I went on a 2hr ride and it was really good I am just a beginner so we only went up to canter but we cantered loads! I would definitely recommend going as they also do rides for more advanced people. I will be going again

There are newer reviews for Kimmerston Riding Centre

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I organised a surprise for my bride on our wedding day. After the ceremony "Sally Ann" was waiting with her handler and she looked glorious in her matching braids and bridle. My wife got on for pictures and the results were amazing. A majestic and beautiful animal and was one of the highlights of the wedding. Jane was a pleasure to deal with and I would thoroughly recommend Kimmerston. Sally Ann was a star.

3  Thank DavidsonMartin
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We were on Holiday in Wooler, Northumberland this October half term and decided to treat my daughter aged 9 for a first ever horse ride. We saw an advert for this riding stables in our caravan and decided to book it, for an hour session. The cost were reasonable, so I decided to also have a go myself, although i'd had ridden a horse many many years ago. We went down some lanes, across the fields and through the edge of a forest, I thought it was a really good experience, especially for a first ride. I'm sure that the others i'd done in the past were not as good a this was. For anyone contemplating doing this should, it was worth the money and very enjoyable.

5  Thank julia d
Reviewed 27 October 2013

The beach and hill rides are brilliant, our daughter has enjoyed both thoroughly. Great horses, but not the normal riding school plodders on these rides. They know it is fun too!

1  Thank Jen C
Reviewed 20 October 2013

When on holiday in that area of Northumberland, I booked a two hour hill ride for an experienced rider, which on the web page is advertised as a "ride across bracken moors, streams and through woods", but in the end we only did short bits of country lanes and mainly grassy field margins and one stubble field, all in closer proximity to the stables as the first hour was together with a one hour ride group and we just added another hour of the same. It was a nice ride, although my horse was a bit lazy in the second leg and I had to work quite a bit to keep her going. We did some nice canters and I enjoyed the scenery, but it could have been even nicer, would they had led me into the more wilder nature, as suggested on the web page, rather then staying in the agricultural landscape.
I would rate it as 'good', but there is only 'average' or 'very good', so I go for average.
I would still recommend going there, just be clear on what you expect when booking.

3  Thank B B