Riverside Leisure Park(Wooler)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
  • Pool
All reviewscoaching inncodbar areasteak piegarden houseroom ratebath and showerstaff could not have been morewarm welcomeroaring fireold buildingwell worth a visitfirst classholy islandweekend breakcheviot hillsbiscuits
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We went to the Tankerville arms on a wet Sunday evening in anticipation of eating dinner. We found seats in a very pleasant bar area - lots of localised lighting, twinkly lights and candles. We got aperitifs and menus but were completely put off eating by the all pervasive synthetic spice aroma from the candles. The dining room was full so it seemed as if we would be eating in the bar which would not in principle be an issue were it not for the terrible, sickly smell. Had we not got drinks, we would have left straight away but we persevered long enough to down a glass of red before voting with our feet!!! The (very) bracing walk back to our hotel was very welcome to clear our heads of the ghastly chemical spice from the Tankerville's candles. we will not return!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank suemissb
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

So nice to stay somewhere so friendly with fab staff. Nothing was too much trouble
Excellent unique sausages!! Both with mash at dinner and at breakfast....
Lovely being able to help self to fresh coffee.
I would definitely return. So central too for lindisfarne sea houses st cuthberts way!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Yvonni21
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Went here for a meal with our friends, all 4 of us had different dishes and all of us were equally impressed with our choice. I had the lamb shank and the meat fell off the bone, it was delicious. The service was excellent and very friendly. It's been many years since I had been to the Tankerville arms, and it was a warm and welcoming.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank elsejon
TheTankerville A, General Manager at Tankerville Arms Hotel Wooler, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

So pleased you enjoyed it, come again soon!

Reviewed 12 October 2013

My wife and I staeyed at the hotel as part of a friends family wedding party at Cuddystone Hall.
On the way home after checking out, I found out that that we should have been charged the rate quoted to the Bride's family for their friends staying and we were charged the full rate.
After a number of e-mails to the hotel, all without the courtesy of a reply, I thought that I would make other potential travellers aware of their overcharging. I was not surprised to find reading the other reviews that this was not the first time that they have overcharged a customer.

I would be very interested in the General Managers reply as they have not had the courtesy to reply to my communications!

A hotel of faded glory with helpful but overworked staff.

Be aware that on Sundays the last call for breakfast is 9am so no sleeping in!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank efpl
TheTankerville A, General Manager at Tankerville Arms Hotel Wooler, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Good Afternoon, no record of an email being received from anyone being overcharged. I struggle to understand why this would be your chosen way of contacting us over using the telephone. Please ring 01668 281581 and I will be more than happy to try and resolve your problem.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Haven't been here for a meal after a disappointing meal 2/3 years ago. Visited twice recently and all meals were good value. The Eyemouth haddock was excellent and very big. So glad we didn't bother with a starter!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

So glad you enjoyed it. We have just had to buy bigger plates for the fish!