My Mother, Sister and I spent a Friday night here. My Mother and Sister only live a few miles from this Hotel and we sometimes just pop in for a drink or a meal. This is the second time we have had a relaxing overnight stay.
We booked a package of Bed and Breakfast with a meal in The Bistro in the evening.
We relaxed in our 3 bedded room with drinks from the bar until dinner time. There was plenty to choose from on the Bistro menu. We all chose the same starter that was imaginative and well presented, yum. Then each a different main course. All were fresh, hot and delicious. Service was attentive without being intrusive.
Our room was a nice size, plenty of wardrobe and draw space. Lovely toiletries in the bathroom. Enough tea,coffee and chocolate and a nice touch a bottle of water each.
The bed were comfy and we were not disturbed by any noise from the Wedding Party.
Breakfast was very good.
We shall return for more relaxing stays.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 17th century hotel now passionately restored throughout by local owners to AA 4-Star + Rosette and the addition of a brand new Luxury Spa opened in 2017. Sheer luxury everywhere with rich fabrics, chandeliers, antiques and period features. Individually styled bedrooms and stunning suites, all with flatscreen TVs and contemporary bathrooms with walk-in power showers. Lounges with real log fires in winter and smart Garden Terrace Bar for summer drinks and dining al fresco. Restaurant Bar 1650 with creative and rich ambient St Leger Bistro-by-the-Bar with extensive menu inc creative Rosette dishes plus traditional classics. Hotel Gym plus Spa with indoor/outdoor vitality pool, 10 thermal experiences including unique ‘Snowstorm’ plus beauty treatment rooms and hair salon. Just off the A1 and on the border of Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire and Yorkshire - ideal for Sherwood Forest, Lincoln Cathedral, Nottingham Castle, Chatsworth House and Doncaster and Southwell Races. Just 5 minutes from Retford Mainline Rail Station and close to Robin Hood & East Midlands Airports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Ye Olde Bell Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ye Olde Bell Hotel And Restaurant
- Ye Olde Bell Hotel & Restaurant Barnby Moor, Nottinghamshire