Stayed here for a wedding. Gardens very good, wedding venue excellent beautiful setting. The restaurant was set out and decorated beautifully. Meal very average although service was good and staff very helpful.
Our room was nicely decorated and the bathroom spotless, however there was no air conditioning which meant that we had to have the windows wide open on a very warm and stuffy night. As our room was right above the disco which didn't finish until 1.00 a.m. it was impossible to sleep plus there was noise from a boiler or something at regular intervals throughout the night.
The hotel could do with a face lift and rooms upgrading, safes in the room etc. would I stay here again - no sorry.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 17Th century hotel now passionately restored throughout by local owners to AA 4-Star + Rosette and combining history with contemporary style. Sheer luxury everywhere with rich fabrics, chandeliers, antiques and period features. Individually styled bedrooms and stunning suites, all with flatscreen TVs and contemporary bathrooms with walk-in power showers. Lounges with real log fires in winter and smart Garden Terrace Bar for summer drinks and dining al fresco. Trendy Restaurant Bar 1650 and rich ambient St Leger Bistro-by-the-Bar with extensive menu inc creative Rosette dishes plus traditional classics. Hotel Fitness Centre and hair and beauty treatment salons - brand new state-of-the-art Luxury Spa opens Spring 2017. Just off the A1 and on the border of Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire and Yorkshire - ideal for Sherwood Forest, Lincoln Cathedral, Nottingham Castle, Chatsworth House and Doncaster and Southwell Races. Just 5 minutes from Retford Mainline Rail Station and close to Robin Hood & East Midlands Airports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Ye Olde Bell Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ye Olde Bell Hotel And Restaurant
- Ye Olde Bell Hotel & Restaurant Barnby Moor, Nottinghamshire