“Family Wedding”

Ye Olde Bell Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Barnby Moor
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Great stay for a wedding, bit pricey and breakfast alittle too busy for the restaurant at times but great rooms and amazing grounds.
We'll be back soon...................................................

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Simon P
Kate F, General Manager at Ye Olde Bell Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

I'm delighted you enjoyed the wedding you attended recently and thank you for taking the time to write a review it is greatly appreciated.
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Visit here on the 2nd august for our very close friends wedding it was amazing! We were given a free room upgrade and the room was amazing. This us a perfect venue for a wedding. We would defiantly recommend it! The breakfast was really nice you can order what ever you like! The rooms were quite expensive but for a wedding it was fine!

Stayed: August 2014
Kate F, General Manager at Ye Olde Bell Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Quite a headline...thank you very much!!
I'm delighted you enjoyed the wedding and had a great night's stay, we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Lovely old hotel and a great wedding venue but too noisy to sleep! There was noise from the garden until the early hours and the creaking floors in the corridor and the room above made it impossible to sleep! Such a shame as the hotel and grounds are lovely and I couldn't fault the bedroom and bathroom.
The breakfast was also very disappointing. Service was chaotic; we gave up trying to attract the attention of the staff wandering aimlessly with the coffee pots and went and helped ourselves from the filter. It took ages for someone to take our order and the toast never arrived. Tried the buffet instead but put off by the sad remains of a few Danish pastries.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at Ye Olde Bell Hotel for a wedding, I genuinely appreciate your feedback.
I'm so sorry you had difficulty sleeping, garden rooms are usually lovely and quiet but obviously on this occasion a few guests decided to party in the garden until quite late.
I'm sorry you did not experience breakfast service at its best.... we offer a freshly cooked, plated hot breakfast rather than a buffet which is a fabulous offering, however, when all our guests require breakfast at the same time (usually 5 minutes to 10!!) it can take a little longer than normal.
Thank you for your very positive comments about our lovely hotel, it is indeed a perfect venue for a wedding.
Hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Once we had arrived, having taken an hour to travel one mile due to an accident on the A1 we were greeted at the hotel and shown to a very large,well decorated old fashioned themed room ,with a modern bathroom.the bed was comfortable. The only complaint we had was the room was very warm and we could not sleep due to the heat even with all the widows opened.British weather!
The food was good ,parts of it excellent.breakfast all that could be wished for.
All the staff were friendly and efficient.
The only drawback to the hotel was the price of the drinks,but being able to sit in the garden was a big plus.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MACHANGER

Thank you for your very detailed and constructive review, I'm delighted you enjoyed your recent stay at Ye Olde Bell Hotel & Restaurant.
I'm sorry you had difficulty sleeping due to the warm weather, we're just not used to it are we?
It'll soon be autumn and I can light our gorgeous log fires again, definitely worth another visit for that experience alone.
Hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I held an event in the gardens here recently and the staff were fantastic on the day. Everything was organized and I didn't have to think about anything on the day.
In case of rain another room was opened up, and food had been beautifully presented.

Negative - I tried to email my contact the day before with a question and got an 'out of office', i then emailed that person and got another 'out of office'. I ended up calling the main reception, who had to try and find someone and get back to me. A little stressful the day before. Perhaps a secondary contact (or the correct out of office person) should be given?

Overall i highly recommend this as a wonderful reception area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

I'm thrilled you enjoyed your recent event at Ye Olde Bell and thank you for taking the time to write a review, it is greatly appreciated.
Our Junior Assistant Manager Ben Smedley had the pleasure of looking after you on the day and he was delighted with your feedback too.
I'm sorry you had a little trouble contacting us by email, we've restructured the office very recently which caused a slight blip! All sorted now, thanks to you.
Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed here for a wedding. Gardens very good, wedding venue excellent beautiful setting. The restaurant was set out and decorated beautifully. Meal very average although service was good and staff very helpful.

Our room was nicely decorated and the bathroom spotless, however there was no air conditioning which meant that we had to have the windows wide open on a very warm and stuffy night. As our room was right above the disco which didn't finish until 1.00 a.m. it was impossible to sleep plus there was noise from a boiler or something at regular intervals throughout the night.

The hotel could do with a face lift and rooms upgrading, safes in the room etc. would I stay here again - no sorry.

Room Tip: Avoid room 26
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dawn C
Kate F, General Manager at Ye Olde Bell Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for your very positive comments regarding the wedding you attended recently, Ye Olde Bell is indeed an excellent, beautiful setting perfect for summer or winter celebrations.
I'm really sorry you didn't sleep very well, room 26 is usually a lovely quiet room away from the event room but I can see that if the windows were open the disco sounds could have carried. I'm sure we would have done our best to find you an alternative room had you asked.
We have just spent the last 7 years restoring and maintaining our hotel so I'm surprised you feel it's in need of a facelift, we're confident we have brought Ye Olde Bell firmly into the 21st century but have retained the original charm and character. I guess it's all very subjective and of course everyone has their own opinion. Thank you for sharing yours with us, I genuinely value the feedback and the time you have taken to write a review.
I sincerely hope you will visit again in the future.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a wedding and had a lovely time! Our room was number 21. We are a couple with a nine month old baby. We booked well in advance and were given a pokey room right next to the kitchen extractor fan. It was a warm weekend so we needed to open the window as there is no air con. We were greeted by an awful smell plus a large amount of noise from a ball which was going on. We paid the same as our friends with no children and ended up with the worst room possible for our situation. The reception was less than helpful. We paid £240 for this room (a reduced rate) frankly I had a better and cheaper room in a premier inn that I stayed in a couple of months ago. The reception did not even thank us for staying or helped with our luggage.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank jaygo
Kate F, General Manager at Ye Olde Bell Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay at Ye Olde Bell recently, I'm delighted you enjoyed the wedding.
I'm really sorry you were disappointed with the size of bedroom you had been allocated.
I'm sure if you'd mentioned it at the time we would have done our utmost to move you to another room.
I'm really surprised you weren't offered help with your luggage,the reception team are usually so obliging and helpful, offering assistance as a matter of course. Naturally I will reiterate how important this service is, even now I can remember what's involved when traveling with a nine month old!!
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I'm genuinely very grateful for your feedback..

Also consider these accommodations in or near Barnby Moor
Best Western Lion Hotel
Hellaby Hall Hotel
Hellaby Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Hellaby

Been to Ye Olde Bell Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!