“No Elevator” 2 of 5 bubbles

Hampton Inn Columbus South
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Grove City
“No Elevator”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

If you are going to be staying here, be prepared to carry your luggage up to the second floor. Construction is taking place, and fumes from flooring adhesive, paint, etc. were strong and irritating. Staff is friendly, but that didn't make up for the inconveniences caused by the construction. Also, we were told that we had an upgraded room to make up for the inconvenience, but the upgrade only meant that we were in one of the rooms that had already been remodeled. Hampton Inn is my motel of choice, but this one missed the mark. Maybe it will be better when the construction is done, but they still won't have an elevator.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

This hotel is in the middle of some major remodeling and constucting a new wing. When checking in, all that was going on was explained also pointing out and apologizing in advance that no hot breakfast would be available in the moring, just a continental offerring. I was offered a snack and beverage also at check in . I went to my room and was suprised that it seemed to have been one of the remodeled rooms and it was very nice. Once inside it was easy to forget the construction zone I walked through to get to the room. It was quiet, even the next morning, which made me think they hold off the loud work untill at least after 8:30. They are doing a good job considering the circumstances. I will stay again, even if everything is not completed. Once the construction is finished I am sure this is somewhere people will want to stay when in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Austin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

I almost skipped this Hampton Inn because the parking lot was closed for resurfacing. Now I'm glad I stopped there. Not only had they arranged parking in neighboring businesses that was as close as regular parking, they discounted the stay because of the "inconvenience". In terms of service I would say that Hampton Inn is always excellent, but the quality of the service and room at this located was outstanding.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

1 Thank Sarah S
Lakewood, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

room was very nice, service was good as well as breakfast. was confused on appearance of hallways? couldn't figure out if hotel was being remodeled? we knew the parking lot was.we liked the rm. bed was comfortable. food was good. pool water was cold. hot tub(hot) but felt good.

Villa Hills, KY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

This was a great hotel! The front desk staff was welcoming and courteous. The newly renovated room was very nice. The only problem we encountered were the mileage estimates on the website. We chose this property because it was supposedly 15 miles from the Columbus Zoo. In actuality, it was 25 miles!! I would have chosen a different hotel if I had known this.

Greensburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

I often stay at the Hampton when visiting family in Grove City just south of Columbus, OH. The staff is friendly and they are beginning to recognize me when I enter the Lobby. The rooms are great there and the guests are always courteous even when they happen to be softball players who are there for the annual tournament. Plenty of shopping and close to the family. It's a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank robert k
Columbus, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

Stopped at Hotel after 12 hours of driving from Allentown, PA with 3 kids. Luggage cart had a flat tire. Assigned a room on 2nd Floor, but elevator was inoperable due to renovation. Lots up luggage to carry up the stairs. Carpets and ceiling tiles were ripped up and construction dust was everywhere outside the room. No lights in pool and bathrooms were torn up.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonInnColsSouth, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus South, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Dear Kim K.

Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I am sorry that we could not provide a positive experience during your stay. I sincerely apologize regarding some of the construction we are going though including the elevator was not working during your stay. I very much can empathize with your discomfort and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Your business is very important to us and I sincerely hope that you give us another opportunity and consider returning again. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me. We are always listening to our guests!

Monalisa Cassell / General Manager