“Not the norm for a Hampton”

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Grove City
Reviewed 29 October 2013

The hotel was under construction so the paint fumes were bad and lobby and stairways were dirty. The side door did not close due to the extention cords so anyone could enter the hotel. I stay at may Hamptons as it is my hotel of choice so I was displeased with my stay on this trip but I know this is not the norm for Hampton i will continue to Hampton as my hotel of choice.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonInnColsSouth, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus South, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear Barbara M.,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. I understand that you were inconvenienced by the construction that we are currently undergoing. As you could tell we are currently going through renovations and I do regret if this caused you any inconveniences. I can assure you we are doing everything we can in order to finalize our remodeling as quickly as possible.

We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and I can assure you that your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise.

Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered.

Monalisa Cassell ~ General Manager
p: 614-539-1177

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Dirty, gross, unappealing location. Staff has a terrible attitude...acting as if "it's not my problem"...and they don't offer any resolution. When I asked for an explanation, I was told that "your expectations are too high for a $155.00 room". I have lodged a formal complaint with Hampton Inns...I'll be surprised if I receive a phone call/email. Don't stay there.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonInnColsSouth, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus South, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear Mr. Hawthorne,

Thank you for your review in regards to your previous stay. I hope my phone call to you yesterday on 10/24/13 at 11.49am, resolved all the issues you experienced with us.
Please be assured that your review will be taken into consideration so that we may improve our guests’ in-property experience.

Again, thank you very much for your review and we sincerely hope that you will provide us a future opportunity when you return to Grove City, Ohio.

Best Regards,
Monalisa Cassell // General Manager
p: 614-539-1177 / 614-539-2231

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Nice location nice staff very clean room The only issue is the rate for being under construction No area to sit and relax in lobby not the normal breakfast I would stay here again but not at the rate I paid (129) while they are under construction

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

We pulled in on a late night because of the Hampton name. I must say we were very leery by the looks of the lobby which was heavily under construction. They had vacancies and the guy at the front desk was super nice. He reassured us that the rooms looked much better and he was very right. The rooms were newly renovated and beautiful. Very comfortable and clean. The only drawback was that the regular breakfast was not available due to construction of the breakfast area. They did have grab and go bags available in one if the rooms along with some cereal. Nice place. Will be even better once construction is finished.

Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Close to downtown, good highway access. FD was outstanding. We will be back, even with renovations, place was clean, and QUIET! Close to downtown, good highway access. FD was outstanding. We will be back, even with renovations, place was clean, and QUIET!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2013

This hotel was going through some major updates when I stayed there. However, I got there in the evening and left early so I did not have to contend with construction noise. The staff was extremely courteous and knowledgeable about the area. It is situated in a nice area. Plenty of restaurants (fast food and dining), grocery stores, gas stations etc. It is also right off the interstate, so very convenient.

Room Tip: This is a great hotel if you are stopping over and continuing to Cincinnati in the morning.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Despite the welcoming staff and apologies, this hotel is under serious construction. Consequently, there is no breakfast (for the time being), their is construction visible as they build a new eating area, and from the parking lot the second floor is completely gutted. You can get a discount on the night by staying there, and a beverage when you check in, but it won't be the same Hampton Inn you've grown to love. Like I said the staff is great, but they aren't involved with the construction.

Room Tip: Bring surge protectors with lots of slots for your electronics, the old hotel rooms are getting a ma...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Candlewood Suites Columbus - Grove City
Hampton Inn Columbus West
Hampton Inn Columbus West
#25 of 145 in Columbus

Been to Hampton Inn Columbus South? Share your experiences!