I stayed at this property for one night while in the area on business. I purchased a king room with a separate sofa bed for the AAA price of $90.14 plus tax.
The property is located just off I-71 in a busy area of Grove City. There are numerous other hotels/motels nearby. The area is congested but has extensive dining options.
It is obvious that this Hampton was built in the early 1980s. It is small, has limited service features and appears a little tired. Owners have obviously spent money on trying to keep things fresh, but the property is what it is - and that is minimal at best.
Check-in was easy with all documents ready. The desk clerk was helpful and polite. My room was on the second floor and I was a little surpised that the place did not have an elevator. Sure it is only one extra floor, and I have no ability problems, but others may have and all "deluxe business rooms" are on the second floor.
The facility is very clean, but the hallways have the peculiar odor of "old motel". One of those things that you can't pin down - but you instantly know what it is. The business center is, literally, four feet deep by three feet wide. One chair and one PC fills the place up. No fitness center, small breakfast area, and no restrooms near the lobby are but some of the challenges the property faces.
The room was of the typical motel variety. It appeared that it formerly housed two double beds and had been converted to a king and a sleeper sofa. Bedding was standard Hampton, carpeting was clean and in good shape. Furnishings were a mixed bag with some newer pieces alongside furniture with ample wear.
The bathroom was spotless, updated and had standard Hampton amenities. Water flow was adequate and hot water arrived quickly.
Breakfast was typical for the chain with a blend of hot and cold foods. The breakfast area was clean and the hostess seemed to stay busy.
Check-out was a prompt affair and the clerk was polite. The final bill was accurate.
This is not a bad place for a one night stay, or even longer. It is clean and meets basic needs. But with Hamptons across the country moving to a little higher standard, this one is getting left behind. I would not be surprised if the building doesn't end up with a new name on the sign and a shiny new Hampton somewhere nearby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the newly renovated and expanded Hampton Inn by Hilton Columbus-South located in Grove City, Ohio just off of I-71! We've added 32 new guest rooms including two whirlpool rooms, new elevators and a new fitness center. We've also modernized every existing guest room from top to bottom. Our hotel also features all the comforts you've come to expect from Hampton, including complimentary Wi-Fi and complimentary hot breakfast every morning! Other amenities include a business center, indoor pool, laundry facility and meeting room. All rooms come standard with a mini refrigerator and microwave. Hampton Inn by Hilton Columbus-South is located at exit 100 off of I-71 just south of Columbus in Grove City. We're located near over 30 restaurants at our exit and multiple places to shop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn Columbus South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Columbus South Hotel Grove City
- Hampton Inn Grove City
- Grove City Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn Columbus South Grove City, Ohio