“WARNING!!!”

Comfort Inn
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Grove City
“WARNING!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

Booked hotel room for sister and nieces. Paid in full the morning of their arrival because they would be coming in late. They arrived @ 1 am gave clerk name and ID. Was told had no reservation and no room paid for. Luckily there was a room available & they paid for it. After they got in there room called me and told me what happen. Checked my bank and seen room was charged. Called the clerk told him that I had paid for room already he said had no record of us paying for a room or a reservation. Told him bank was charged. Was rude and asked if I was calling him a lair. Said no but you are wrong. Sister went to check if everything was straightened out clerk told her he was refunding her money and the they had to leave the room. So now it's 2 am and three women have no room to stay in. Luckily they got a room!! Amazing when called hotel in morning to cancel reservation for my parents for that night was told that our room that they could not find they found and refunded money!!!

Stayed October 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Palm Coast, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

I stayed here in October and took my grandson to indoor pool. The pool deck area was filthy and the chairs and tables had dozens of spider webs on them and piles of dirt and dust swept into the corners of the room. Obviously had not been cleaned or swept in quite a while. Upon checkout, I heard the desk clerk arguing with a customer who was telling the desk clerk that she has never been spoken to so rudely in any other motel. There was an issue with the charges made to my charge card and when I asked to speak to manager, I was told that no manager was on duty on Sundays. I was told to "call the manager the next day". I travel to Columbus frequently but will pay more to stay in a nicer motel.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Gail B
Stafford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

This hotel was awesome. Clean, Quiet, comfortable. My daughter and I stayed here for her to study for her managers license in Cosmetology. She aced it!! The hotel is located near anything and everything you could possibly want to shop for! The grounds are kept nice. Parking is great!
A NO, STRESS HOTEL!!! Easy on the wallet!! Staff are wonderful!!!
Coffee in morning very good!! The pool, hot tub area is small, but very quaint and nice, relaxing.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Windermere, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

The Comfort Inn in Grove City is conveniently located along the highway and to several attractions. There is ample parking at the hotel which is nice if you arrive late at night. There is also a Cracker Barrel across the street giving you an option for a nice meal if you don't feel like going out.

While my first impression of the room was nice, there were several issues that really shouldn't have been. The king bed was nice and comfortable. However the room was located next to the ice machine which made a lot of noise as it refilled itself. Also people would keep coming by at all hours refilling their coolers. There was also trash left next to the Coke machine for the entire stay. Not sure why housekeeping ignored it. If you stay in room 315 or 317, don't expect to get any sleep at all.

The other issue was the layout of the bathroom. They crammed the toilet into it adjacent to the sink, which meant that you literally had to slide along the counter to the sink. If you are overweight I don't think you'd be able to get to the sink unless you sat on it.

I could also never get the internet to work, as the receptionist could never figure out what the right password was. He kept giving me a password which was invalid. It had worked the first night as it was on the key card sleeve which the maid had thrown away. So if you need to conduct any business, don't count on internet service here as it might be fast logging into it is an issue depending on the clerk on duty.

There is a free breakfast which was decent. The breakfast room is small, but the turnaround seemed to be quick. If you want a big breakfast than Cracker Barrel or another restaurant would be a better option.

Overall the Comfort Inn is a decent choice if you are looking for a night or two as long as you are in a room not anywhere near the ice machine.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank wbullseye
Grand Junction, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

Very nice - just a stop on a long trip for us, but everything we look for was there, cleanliness, easy access & parking (we were pulling a popup camper). A better Comfort Inn than some. Reasonably priced, the now ubiquitous waffle machine was working well....

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Robert W
College Park, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

I love choice hotels, espcially since now they have the promo going on. I only stayed here one night. The staff was very friendly, the hotel could use some tender love and care but staying here a few nights won't hurt. For the price I paid it did the job. located near all the shops and dining places and only about 10 minutes from the casino. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank roadwarrior1982
Huntsville, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013

I had my reservations (no pun intended) about staying at this hotel when I booked, but my other choices were not available. As this was only going to be a one-night stay and I would be checking in late, I decided that I could handle one night.
Checked in around 11:45pm. Night auditor had reservation and room key ready. Received a room on the 3rd floor right next to the elevator and vending/ice machine. Room was clean, as was the bathroom. Went to sleep nearly right away, until I was woken by the phone ringing at 12:45am. It was the night auditor telling me that my card was being declined. I knew that there was no problems with my card, but I called my bank to confirm. They told me that my card was good and from their indications, the wrong expiration date was being entered. I told this to the night auditor - "Oh, okay. Yeah it works now! Thank you!" No apology for waking me up, no apology for his screw-up.
Breakfast was the usual fare, although the scrambled eggs were especially runny. Overall, if this is the only hotel in the area available, it's better than nothing.

Room Tip: Rooms that have last two digits that are low or high (i.e. 202, 320, etc.) are at the ends. Anythin...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo