“Bed bugs, bed bugs, bed bugs...”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Grove City
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Booked in room 316 for work on Monday, April 14th. It's not a top notch hotel, so the other negative reviews (ESL desk clerks, construction, hit-or-miss pool, older building, etc) didn't concern me much. We're blue collar types, as were all the other guests I encountered; travel and cheap hotels come with the work. However, waking up with blood-sucking pests is a huge issue with me. Some checking revealed that I had a newer mattress, with a cover, but older pillows, carpeting, furniture... someone knew they had an issue, and made a very weak attempt at a band-aid fix.

I would absolutely not recommend this hotel to anyone. Spend the money on a bug-free room elsewhere; it will be cheaper than pesticides and bug ovens and the hassle of sterilizing your clothes and gear. Bitterly disappointed by my experience this week. Factoring in the number of other hotels nearby (Grove City is thick with hotels and places to eat near 71), there were no positives here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Chris H

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Nice hotel with a comfortable bed and it is very easy to get to right off I-71. The hotel was very clean, and room was nice and roomy. The breakfast was very good with eggs, sausage, toast, cereals and fruit.
Plenty of restaurants near the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 January 2014

They initially booked us at one price then tried to significantly raise the rate when we cancelled one of the two nights. We cancelled the night well in advance and when we had initially made the reservation it said we could cancel 24 hours in advance. We had to call the corporate offices to get it resolved. Terrible service. Room was dirty and smelled bad. We won't stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DKtravelfun
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I stayed here with my 3 girlfriends for one of our girlfriend's wedding! It was close to the church and 5 minutes away from the reception hall. Plenty of places to eat and stores nearby. The bed were very comfortable. Breakfast could have used WAY better hot items and more waffle makers. the dining area needed bigger tables too. Overall it was good!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Keinika
Reviewed 9 December 2013

For a Comfort Inn this is a nice hotel, and it is very easy to get to right off I-71. The hotel is a little old but was very clean, which is a must for picky travelers like us. Our room was nice and roomy with a king size bed and an alcove with a full sofa. The room was quiet and comfortable.
I try not to dwell on individual staff members when reviewing hotels because others may not encounter the same person, so their experience might be quite different. However, in this case the situation we encountered was, while annoying, also a little humorous. When we arrived at the front desk there was no one behind the counter but there was a bell on the desk that we rang. When there was no response we rang again with the same result. After ringing numerous times with no response, I took out my cell phone and called the hotel number and it was answered by the front desk clerk. He then came to the front desk, asked our names, took our credit card information, and gave us our room key without apologizing for the fact that we had to call on our cell phone to get front desk service. The next morning as we were about to check out, we saw another couple waiting for the front desk clerk to appear and noticed that the bell was no longer on the counter. Problem solved. Can't answer the bell if there is no bell to answer.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank toledoglen
Reviewed 9 November 2013

stayed on way to trade show. facility was adequate. rooms where clean. breakfast was OK at best. If I stayed here again, I would just eat at the waffle house that's a couple hundred feet away. Location was good, right off the interstate and close to shopping and other eateries.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank scooby-BTR
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

Booked hotel room for sister and nieces. Paid in full the morning of their arrival because they would be coming in late. They arrived @ 1 am gave clerk name and ID. Was told had no reservation and no room paid for. Luckily there was a room available & they paid for it. After they got in there room called me and told me what happen. Checked my bank and seen room was charged. Called the clerk told him that I had paid for room already he said had no record of us paying for a room or a reservation. Told him bank was charged. Was rude and asked if I was calling him a lair. Said no but you are wrong. Sister went to check if everything was straightened out clerk told her he was refunding her money and the they had to leave the room. So now it's 2 am and three women have no room to stay in. Luckily they got a room!! Amazing when called hotel in morning to cancel reservation for my parents for that night was told that our room that they could not find they found and refunded money!!!

Stayed: October 2013