“Not too bad”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbus - Grove City
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Grove City
Reviewed 23 November 2013

A little bit of a older hotel with some updates. The guy at check in was friendly and helpful. Looks like the bathrooms have been updated. The beds were fairly comfortable but the pillows really are a joke, very very small and not all that comfortable. Looks like they tried to update the pool area a bit by putting tile over whatever was the main floor before. This does make for somewhat sharp edges by the pool. Also the pool and hot tub need to be cleaned there is quite a bit of build up above the water line all around the pool, also the pool towels (you have to ask for at the front desk) were very very small and not even close to soft. Breakfast was pretty good, no issues there. On check out, I was surprised that they did not ask how my stay was or if there was any issues. No major issues but some hotels do ask how your stay was.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

We only spent one night but were very impressed. The king pillowtop bed was surprisingly comfortable for a hotel bed. Room was very clean with plenty of towels. Nice flatscreen TV, small microwave, and mini-fridge. Pedro at the front desk checked us in in the afternoon and out in the morning and was very helpful and courteous. The only complaint was the size of the parking lot, seems rather small and only 3 handicap spaces.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I always stay at L a Quinta because of the quality and comfort of their rooms. Grove City L a Quinta was no exception. The room and service was great as well as the free breakfast. Would have rated it 5 stars but I have stayed in nicer L a Quintas.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I have a little dog so I appreciate hotels that allow them. The room was nice enough but I paid for a suite (upgrade) and the room is not that big compared to Drury (across the street)

If you are staying one night and get up real early then u won't have the distinct pleasure of hearing the housekeeping staff constantly bang the the door jam over and over again as they clean the rooms.

Stayed three nights and the check in person only gave me a room key that worked for a single night. Little stuff like that annoys me when paying a decent amount.

Breakfast in lobby was good enough. Parking is ample. TV's have HD. Internet worked fine.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ohiobillyd
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I have never stayed at this chain before and it wont be my last time! I will be honest, the only reason we stayed here was because we could not find anything else close to downtown because of the half marathon this weekend! It turns out, this hotel was a little gem! From the outside, it does not look as "nice" as some of the other newer hotels nearby so I was a little apprehensive when we arrived however, as soon as we walked in my opinion changed! The gentleman working at the front desk (I can't remember his name) was very helpful and booked our cab for us with no problem! Our room was perfect! Very clean and very comfy king sized bed! The continental breakfast in the morning was very good and well stocked with the usual stuff. Overall, I HIGHLY recommend this place! And at 103/night, I think it was a bargain!

Room Tip: on a side note, the pictures posted by other travelers seem outdated to me, my room seemed much more...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Though not the cheapest hotel you can find in the area, it is far from the most expensive. The staff was very accommodating, the buildings were kept up and clean and it is very convenient to the highway and far enough away to not be noisy. The pillow top beds were awesome.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Location, Location, Location! This was my first stay at a La Quinta Inn. The location is great with plenty of shopping and good eating very close by. There is even a miniature golf/arcade entertainment center within walking distance. Nice clean spacious room and friendly staff.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family