“It's alright but could it be better?”

Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Grove City
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Grove City
“It's alright but could it be better?”
Reviewed 30 April 2011

I stayed here couple of times. I was displeased with the fact that the prices have gone up slowly over time. I recall when there were rooms here for $76. It was actually still rather new at the time. I believe they are currently at the starting rate of about $100. Not sure why. Everything is exactly the same. Staff is decent but some members need to be retrained on how to properly communicate with the public. Specifically one who seems to work the morning shift. Their first initial I believe is "M" her phone manners are not the best. If management does happen to read this review, please speak with your staff member. They don't do the company justice. Everyone else there was rather pleasant. Smiles and proper greetings, as it should be! I would recommend this hotel. However I don't especially care for the area. I'm more for the Dublin location perhaps. The Drury Inn has this great Free snack time. It's unique to the hotel. Which is their signature idea. It has more positive features going for it than negative. However it only takes one bad apple.

Room Tip: Stay here on the weekdays instead.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank OnlyNickki
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Grove City, responded to this review, 3 May 2011
I would first like to thank you for staying with us and I really appreciate your comments so that we can better our service to all of our guests. Customer service is extremely important to us and without your feedback there is no way we can improve. I apologize for the service that you received from our team member and I will be sure to speak with all team members to ensure that this does not happen in the future. We value your opinion and hope that you will come back so that we can provide you the outstanding service that you deserve.

Sam Gregory

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 25 April 2011

The 2 room king suite was very nice, clean and comfortable. Love having a recliner chair in the room. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Bed was comfortable and pillows were great, pillows are a big deal for my comfort sleeping, most hotels have flat non-existent crappy pillows, not here. Slept great, very quiet. Of course the free breakfast and 5:30pm Kickback was wonderful to have available, really saves on money. Lots of restaurants and shopping within walking distance. Will definitely stay again, first choice.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank suzeecue74
Tecumseh, Michigan
Reviewed 8 April 2011

This was my first visit to a Drury Inn. We stayed in a 2 room suite.....it was HUGE! Lots of room for my husband and I and 3 boys ages 7, 5, and 5 months to stretch out. The beds were comfortable and the room was very clean. All of the staff were friendly from the front desk, food attendants, housekeeping, and even the maintenance crew that we encountered in the elevators. I look forward to staying at a Drury Inn again!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank tecumsehmommy
Washington, DC
Reviewed 17 February 2011

I chose the Drury Inn & Suites based on a Trip Advisor review, as the best hotel in the Grove City area. Grove City is off the beaten track a bit, so the large center city hotels are inconvenient. What a delightful surprise. My room was less than $100 per night. The rate included a full breakfast of scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, French toast, etc; a cocktail hour with great appetizers and three free drinks, and free wireless Internet. Oh, and 60 minutes free long distance. It was the best value I have seen in awhile. My room was clean and comfortable, including a work desk, recliner, wide screen television, etc. HVAC is operated by an on the wall thermostat. Staff was extraordinarily friendly and welcoming. I was delightfully surprised and look forward to returning on my next trip to the area, as well as looking for Drury Hotels elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed 16 January 2011

This hotel is great especially with the 530 kickback and the free hot breakfast and very clean rooms this chain is tops. I now reserve from Drury to Drury when travelling as there is no surprizes and no stress for myself or the family. These hotels are company owned from what I understand but if they were a franchise that I could buy, I would have one as they do it right.

Look forward to more locations and states

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Lacey, Washington
Reviewed 14 January 2011

I was in the area to visit a family member and was looking for a kid (6 year old boy) friendly hotel not far from Columbus and the airport. This hotel was well worth the money. Highlights include - the indoor/outdoor pool, this did not make sense to me until I saw it in person, your kids can actually go outside while it snows by swimming under the window wall then come back. Then add the food, the breakfast is basic but with lots of choices and the evening snacks are great. Then add location, a Kroger grocery store and WalMart are nearby to pick up items for your in-room fridge. Numerous great restaurants nearby (Golden Corral is worth a visit, one of the nicer one's I have been to) and 15 minutes from downtown Columbus (on good roads, not rush hour) to kid-friendly attractions like COSI (kids science museum, definitely worth visiting) and convention center events.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Maineville
Reviewed 18 October 2010

We stayed here during a short visit to the Columbus area. We had never stayed at a Drury Inn before, but were pleasantly surprised by what a great hotel it was. This hotel was very close to downtown and there were many restaurants and shopping outlets very close by (we even walked to Wal-Mart next door to pick up a few items).

I absolutely loved the free popcorn and soft drinks (as did our kids). The kids also loved the indoor/outdoor swimming pool - what a cool feature. We also really enjoyed the "happy hour" with hot appetizers. Everything was very tasty - including the drinks at the bar. It really was a bargain for our family and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family