“Super Hotel and Even Better Service!!!”

Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Grove City
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Grove City
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Super Hotel and Even Better Service!!! A+ We stayed at the Drury this week for business. I was very impressed with the room, food and service. I already book my stay when I come back to Columbus next week. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We booked the Drury Inn in Grove City as part of a tourist package that included the Columbus Zoo, History Center and COSI. Neither of us had ever heard of this chain prior to searching on the Columbus tourism website. So, our expectations were tempered.

Finding the hotel was easy. Conveniently located off I-73 about 5-10 minutes from Downtown Columbus. The hotel is right behind a decent sized shopping center, with a Walmart. It has a Bob Evans and Texas Roadhouse restaurant's within a stone's throw of the front door. Lobby was huge, very nicely decorated, with a small commissary and business center right off the front desk. Two central elevators make way for a large dining area, where they have hot breakfast every morning. As well as, a free hot dinner each night with free alcoholic beverages. They have a good size indoor/outdoor pool, with a fitness center attached.

We stayed in a double queen suite. There was a refrigerator and microwave in the room. Both worked and smelled fine. 32" flat screen HDTV, with the local channels in HD. Beds were very soft. It was a hot, humid time all week, so the great wall-controlled AC was nice. Bathroom had marble tiled shower/tub. Only complaint was the bathroom door didn't have a lock. Not an issue since we're married, but I could see it being an issue for others.

Overall, it was a great place to stay. Coming in at around $90 a night, a terrific bargain. Will definitely seek out Drury Inns on our next trip around this great country.

Room Tip: Take advantage of the 24 hour free popcorn and soda in the dining area.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jjuva13
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We'd were so happy to spot this Drury after a very long day on the road. The staff was great, hurried us through check in so we could have dinner before the hotel closed the complementary dinner down for the evening. The room was clean and comfortable, and the breakfast was early so we could hit the road again. Thanks, Drury, for another great stay.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Our room was clean, quiet, and comfortable. Hotel was full with kids for a baseball tournament but you couldn't hear them at night. Put breakfast out early in the morning for those on the go.

All you can ask for in a hotel. Would definitely stay there again if I was in the area.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for work, and it was passable but nothing special. Very nice staff and very accommodating, but the hotel itself is dated and showing its age; very mid-90s hunter green decor, musty carpet, and brass fixtures. It was clean and the bathroom was relatively updated, so that was good. Bed was comfy enough, and hotel was quiet the night I was there. The fridge (needed b/c I have an infant and needed to pump on this trip) was old and smelled not great. It also didn't have a freezer section built in (as many small fridges do), so my freezer packs have languished. Standard free breakfast (complete with styrofoam plates and cups, plastic celery, etc. - why not at least paper? So bad for the environment...) and good free wifi.

All in all, fine for a short work trip, but no desire to come back. Would prefer someplace a little more modern and updated, and I also prefer a "green" hotel that makes more energy efficient decisions.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We were greeted warmly by a friendly staff. That evening our entire family enjoyed the managers welcome, had dinner and drinks on the hotel and enjoyed the pool. The next morning was again a bargain for breakfast. All the food was good, not great, but certainly a treat not to have to eat fast food for dinner and breakfast. The room was very big and had a kitchenette and the beds were comfortable. What more could we ask for? ;)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I hadn't heard of the Drury chain before this trip, but I was pleasantly surprised! Super clean room, quiet, and located in the middle of a shopping center (Walmart, Target, Dick's, restaurants galore). They put on a very nice hot breakfast buffet from 6:30 to 9:00 and then a happy hour with hot food and alcoholic bevs (3 per day) from 5:30 to 7:00. They have an indoor/outdoor pool and a small gym. The employees were all very nice and accommodating. The manager turned on the soda machine on for me in the middle of the day. There are also soda machines that take credit card on each floor. I was so impressed that I definitely will be looking for a Drury Inn on my next trip.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business