“Lovely place, highly recommend.”

The Forest Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Edwinstowe
“Lovely place, highly recommend.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

Nice clean room. Booked at short notice for a peaceful night away with my wife. The food was delicious, had a steak in the evening and my wife had the best pie she'd ever tasted. Portions were spot on and great value. Breakfast was very nice, fruit juice, cereals, full English and plenty of other cooked options available. Really interesting building, beer was great and surrounding area was very nice. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Wynyard
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

For many years I joked about leaving some negative feedback on trip advisor for my good friends at the Forest Lodge.

Over a period of approximately 5 years I stayed at The Forest lodge a couple of nights a week through work.

I loved it and could not rate it highly enough.

The food was always superb, the owners and staff helpful, obliging and friendly, nothing was ever too much trouble.

A regular runner, I would run on the trails through the Forest from the picturesque church and cricket pitch.

Happy days.

I hope you will rename room 5 after me!

Thank you all so much.

Rob

Room Tip: Room 5 was my favourite
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Towcester UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

I stayed on 5th May 2013 for my friend's special birthday. Warm welcome, pot of very welcome tea after my drive and light lunch. Room - a single - very clean and good shower. Ample parking. It was a return to an area I knew well years ago and didn't let me down.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Oxford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2013

I have just returned after spending 3 nights at Forest Lodge on a golf tour with 11 other senior golfers. We were all very happy with the hotel. My room was at the front and did suffer some traffic noise. This could have been reduced had there been double glazing fitted. However the bed was comfortable, bathroom clean with hot water so it was fine. The food however was way beyond my expectations. There was variety and each dish that I ate was beautifully cooked. I particularly enjoyed the lamb with fennel ratatouille, a rather unusual dish.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms at the front.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Worksop
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

Easter Sunday lunch time booking.
Nice feel to the building and friendly staff on entering.
sat next to fire in the bar area looking at the menu, no specials on a Sunday though.

Restaurant was spaced out well and noise levels we low which I like.
Food was rather basic with no flair or personality on the plate which was a shame.
Cooked well but did not deliver as a must return to check out what the chef is doing next week.

Hope this helps ?

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
montauban, Owner at The Forest Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 18 April 2013
Thanks for this review. In point of fact, there were specials available on the Sunday in question: they were printed on the menu as opposed to being written on the blackboard. We try to offer a mixture of both traditional and more unusual food. Clearly, there is only so much 'flair' that you can introduce into, say, a Sunday roast or a steak pie. A glance at our current menu (on our website) does I think show that our chefs aim to deliver food with lots of personality that is more than 'basic'.
This is an eighteenth century coaching inn and our offering across the board - food, drink & accommodation - tries to remain faithful to that tradition.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

My mother in law paid for us to stay here on our wedding night on the 5th of April and it was awful. The bridal suite had been specifically booked and it was horrible. Black and grey is not romantic at all and there wasn't even a proper wardrobe..just an old white formica unit. The bathroom was freezing, the bed was uncomfortable and sleep was impossible because of the noise from downstairs, the sound of people outside and the traffic which was about 5 feet from the bed. The greeting from the person who checked us in was very un-welcoming and yet the cleaner that took our key from us in the morning was just lovely..perhaps they should be swapped around??
All in all it was the worst 'hotel' I've ever stayed in, ruined our wedding night and I'd never go back. We left before 7am because we couldn't wait to get away.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Devonian67
Firstly, I am sorry that the reviewer had an awful wedding night. However, I find the tone of the review most unfair. In response:

1. The room in question was refurbished last year; the colour scheme is silver, plum and black; the mattress is new; there is a wall-heater in the bathroom.
2. The room does indeed face a minor road and traffic does pass by. Unfortunately, there is nothing that we can do about that.
3.As can be seen from the majority of the other reviews, our staff generally receive praise for their customer service. I have spoken to the staff member concerned and she is incredulous.
4. Thank you for the kind comments regarding one of our house keepers. I only wish that the kindness had extended to letting her know about the broken glass in the sink on which she could have hurt herself.

On a more general note, when and where possible, we would always recommend visiting our establishment to ensure that it meets with requirements, particularly before a special occasion.
Kendal, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013

We really enjoyed our stay on Good Friday, very cute hotel with loads of history. On the Saturday the staff opened the bar just for us as our family came over for a day out in the forest, they were so helpful and lovely and put on coffees for us to have with our homemade birthday cake.

Thanks again for your great service we had a lovely weekend.

• Stayed March 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edwinstowe
Clumber Park Muthu Hotel and Spa
Ye Olde Bell Hotel & Restaurant
Saracens Head Hotel
Saracens Head Hotel
#1 of 1 in Southwell

Been to The Forest Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!