“Amazing cabin in glorious surroundings”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Edwinstowe
Forest Holidays Sherwood Forest, Nottinghamshire
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chester, United Kingdom
“Amazing cabin in glorious surroundings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed in a cabin for the weekend for our anniversary. The place was amazing! It's set deep in the Forrest. Our cabin had a wood burner and a private hot tub which was bliss. The place was very secluded and it felt like we were the only people on earth sometimes. Only con was it was quite expensive however I would definitely recommend it to anyone. We brought all out own food/ drink so just cooked in and had BBQs.

Definitely worth it for a treat or a special occasion. I would 100% go back and would love to take my others in my family too.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Darren O
Amanda_Clarke_FH, Guest Relations Manager at Forest Holidays Sherwood Forest, Nottinghamshire, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you for your review. It sounds as if you felt properly away from it all, deep in the forest. I am delighted you enjoyed your break and we would love to see you again in the future.

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed in one of the Golden Oaks cabins and it was simply gorgeous. The decor/furniture was all modern but went perfectly with the cabin. The cabin was absolutely spotless and everything that we needed was there (we being my husband and 6month old baby). We stayed for a long weekend and it was so peaceful and none of us had any problems sleeping. There was lots to do during the day and the weather was glorious. Customer service in the retreat and from people on call was excellent, I would definitely recommend to all of my friends and I hope to book another cabin for our next break away!

1 Thank Becky R
Thank you for leaving a review following your break at Sherwood Forest. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the location peaceful. Great to hear that you all slept well – that’s an achievement with a 6 month old baby in the cabin! I do hope you come back again soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed in cabin 11, a Luxury golden Oak with hot tub, wifi, sky tv, log burner and everything you need away from home, two fridges, (one for beer and wine) dishwasher, microwave, oven and grill all very clean and in superb condition. very comfy beds, and great lounge and outside area including an area to have a disposable bbq. We took our own bikes and rode everywhere but room to park two cars maybe even three. Fully recommend, go ape junior for the kids, plenty of walks , cycle routes and playareas in the woods. Will go again and will ask for cabin 11 as was perfect location

Room Tip: The more you pay the better cabin and location you get, cabins 1 - 11 are best but also most expensi...
1 Thank steve j
Thank you for writing a review following your recent stay at Sherwood Forest. It’s great to hear that you have a fantastic holiday and it sounds as if you enjoyed every bit of it. I hope we will see you again soon.

Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

I am writing this review having just got back and have to say I wish I had never left. The location itself was idyllic, the cabins were top quality and well kept. We especially enjoyed the Hot-tub, particularly with a glass of champagne sitting out in the evening. I will definitely be recommending to all my friends and family. Thoroughly enjoyed!!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Pritchard7
Thank you for your review, I am delighted you enjoyed your break with us at Sherwood Forest and I hope you will decide to stay with us again in the future.

Oxted, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

We stayed at the Forest Holidays Sherwood Forest site for 3 nights at the start of July 2014. There were four of us, 2 adults, 1 child and a baby and we stayed in one of the Luxury Golden Oak cabins approximately £700.00 which we didn't mind paying at the time of booking.

However on our arrival at 7.30pm we arrived at the cabin tired and hungry after the long journey looking forward to the pre-ordered pizza package, which was unfortunately hard and cold, not at all edible. We did complain and received a full reimbursement for this, but not the best start to our holiday, especially that none of the lodges have a telephone or any communication system with the main reception, not much fun when it is raining to have to go over there to queue for your every need.

However now time for bed, when disaster struck as our baby cot was left for us to erect with no mattress or bedding, another trip to reception to be advised they do not provide cot bedding which i find not acceptable from a luxury retreat. Eventually i was given a sheet for a double bed, but no mattress, so he had to share a double with me, not a home from home experience.

Generally without writing a book the condition of the cabin was not acceptable, cobwebs throughout the cabin inside and out, sticky kitchen sides, floor was filthy throughout the cabin (i'm not even sure this had been hoovered before our arrival, under the sofa for months!!), food and debris under the cushions of the sofa (clearly not been hoovered for months),plates, cups, glasses and cutlery were filthy, food left in the cupboard from previous guests and the hot tub was full of grim and had dead flies and grit at the bottom. Clearly all the signs of a poor quality cleaning regime and no supervision of quality control or the cleaning process.

As a family we were trying to find an alternative cost effective holiday away from Centre Parcs this was certainly no where near the quality and cleanliness we have always received at centre parks but not far away from the cost.

To be honest to finish our rant we will not be returning.

Room Tip: Ask them to clean it three time before your arrival.
4 Thank Michael_W1007643
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear about the problems you encountered and I would ask that you contact us on customerservices@forestholidays.co.uk so that we can deal with your concerns directly.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed at the Forest Holidays Sherwood Forest site for 5 nights at the start of July. There were 4 of us in the party and we stayed in one of the log cabins. From the very start of our break to the end we thoroughly enjoyed every minute. The cabins were a real treat - spotlessly clean with excellent facilities and comfortable too. The staff were extremely helpful, especially the Operations Manager who was always on call to help with every question we had. Loads to do as well during the day, including bike rides and Go Ape which is around the corner - scary, but a lot of fun! All in all a fantastic break, we were looked after well and will definitely return!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your positive review following your holiday at Sherwood Forest. It sounds as if you had great fun and I am delighted that you enjoyed your break. I hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed in a forest lodge with my partner, mother-in-law and niece and we had a fantastic weekend. There was plenty to do for my 5 year old niece and my dog enjoyed her stay as well! The lodge was beautiful. There was a great decking area on which we could sit and eat dinner and admire the forest. From the living room we could do lots of birdwatching and we took some excellent photos. There are lots of surrounding walks and cyling trails and we liked the fact that we didn't need to leave the site at all over the weekend. We really enjoyed our stay and we would definitely visit again.

1 Thank Karen S
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent break with us at Sherwood Forest. I am pleased you enjoyed your holiday; it sounds as if you made the most of the forest setting and enjoyed lots of walks. We’d love to see you again and I hope you will be back before too long.

Holiday Advisors' Team Leader
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edwinstowe
The Forest Lodge Hotel
#2 of 3 in Worksop
Clifton Hotel
Clifton Hotel
#1 of 1 in Mansfield

Been to Forest Holidays Sherwood Forest, Nottinghamshire? Share your experiences!