Kelham House Country Manor Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Millgate House Hotel(Newark-on-Trent)
View Hotel
Premier Inn Newark Hotel(Newark-on-Trent)
The Grange Hotel(Newark-on-Trent)
View Hotel
All reviewscoach housekelham hallwedding venuewedding breakfastlovely groundsmain buildingpowerful showerwedding receptionamazing weddingnice roomfront of houseevening mealfunction roomtea and coffeefull englishfollowing morningheld our wedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Me and my Groom had our wedding reception here on Saturday the 14th June.
The staff were absolutely amazing, nothing was too much trouble. The chefs created a special menu for us for from the canapés to the wedding breakfast and the evening buffet. It was so delicious!

The venue is beautiful and all our guests agreed. The rooms were beautiful, clean and spacious.
We had the best day of our lives and we are so glad we picked this venue to host our reception.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Fay T
Jon-Paul D, Owner at Kelham House Country Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Dear Fay T

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave the review, we're really happy to hear that everything was just as it should have been for your big day and we'll be sure to pass your lovely words back to the team, they never tire of hearing how great they are :-)

Thanks again, and thanks for choosing Kelham House for your special day.

All the best

The Kelham House Team

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I had my wedding at Kelham House Hotel on the 13th April and I wanted to say a big thank you to the staff for the amazing job they did. No task was too big and the wedding planner Nicola was very patient with me which is a bonus seeing that there was a lot of initial indecision! Initially we thought this venue was out of our budget but Nicola was perfect in helping us plan our day on a budget! I would like to say thank you to Matt and Nina who were the ones on duty on the day and anyone else names we forgot to catch. I had family from all corners of the earth present for the day and they were all amazed at the beauty of the venue and friendliness of the staff. I highly recommend Kelham House Hotel for your wedding or any function!

The rooms are gorgeous, even my 'posh' Aunt who ended up in the 'stables' was impressed by her room!

Thank you, Thank you!

Krissy and Mark.

Room Tip: Bridal suite has an amazing view of the fields in the back.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trini2605

Dear Trini2605

Thanks so much for leaving such a great review for us, we're all really pleased that you were so happy with your wedding day.

Each of our wedding parties is different and every bride should be looked after as much as they need to be, and to hear that even Aunty Posh was happy is just the icing on the cake!!!

All the best for the future and thanks for choosing Kelham House for your special day.

The Kelham House Team

Reviewed 3 May 2014

So...stunning location, great grounds and very imposing as you drive up - a really fab start to an anniversary night away. The ambiance continued, the room (room 7 in the main house) looked fantastic and was very well prepared. I should have added that we were made to feel very welcome on check in and were presented with a plate of fruit as we unpacked which was a really nice touch.
The evening meal was superb and very good value for money, well presented, excellent service and thoroughly enjoyable
For us this is where it started to go down hill........ we retired to bed but I have to say the mattress was the hardest and most uncomfortable I have slept on at a hotel and the frame was very noisy so literally kept waking us up as we tossed and turned due to the mattress. Our poor nights sleep was ended at 0645 as we were woken by the sound of the chap in the next room on the toilet and in the shower we were then able to hear the full conversation between him and his wife - they were not talking noisily or arguing i just think the walls were thin with insufficient sound proofing.
Breakfast was great, good quality food, well presented by helpful staff. On check out we did raise the issues with the receptionist who was very supportive and said she would talk to the duty manager...not heard anything to date
So in summary ..... Fantastic Food, Great Service - Dreadful Sleep!

Room Tip: the mattress in room 7 is very hard
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kate M
JPKelham, Owner at Kelham House Country Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Dear Kate

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback here about your recent stay with us.

I've taken all the positives out of your stay with us and made sure that the front of house team and the kitchen have been congratulated on their hard work and great service that you've acknowledged, thank you.

I'm sorry that the mattress wasn't to your liking, we did take a long time and considered very carefully how soft/firm to have the mattresses and Hypnos, our mattress supplier did a great job of helping us. Since the mattresses went in we have had maybe two or three people tell us they're too firm for their liking but on the whole pour guests love them, I'm really sorry you didn't.

On the sound again I apologise that the people in the next room could be heard.

I would like to again thank you for choosing Kelham House and I really hope that overall you can still look back on the stay with fond memories.

Best Regards

Jon-Paul Davies
Kelham House Hotel.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We stayed here, quite by chance, on our way south. What a lucky find. Although it's close to the main roads, it's very quiet and in a lovely country setting. We were too tired for a restaurant meal, so had a small supper in the bar, delicious! The staff were very helpful (I had a broken arm), the room was nicely furnished and a very comfy bed. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Gowergirl21

Thanks for taking the time to leave such a lovely review from your stay at Kelham House and I'm glad that enjoyed your stay so much, we'll make sure that everyone sees the review and we hope that you come and stay with us in the future.

All the best

The Kelham House team

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here as a last minute thing what a great find. This little hotel really makes you feel at home with great service, delicious food and great atmosphere. Could do with the garden being cleaned up a bit that would be my only criticism of the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Leander

Thanks for leaving such a lovely review on your stay with us here at Kelham House, we really appreciate people letting us know about their experience and how they saw our corner of the world!

Noted on the garden, the seasons powered through and we got a bit behind, we're on it now!

Thanks again,