“Personal touch by head chef!!”

andwhynot Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 173 Restaurants in Mansfield
Cuisines: British, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I dined here with my 12 year old son and my father, who both love sea food. After my son tackled a fresh lobster hungrily, with is bare hands, the chef came out to compliment us on a younger person having adventurous tastes! This was touching and my son was delighted he had glimpsed the chef who came out of the kitchen to speak to us. Fabulous restaurant! I wish you continued success!

1  Thank Ginny M

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We visited Andwhynot with friends from Gloucester for a late lunch. They loved the restaurant and the food was a lovely surprise to them. The service was very good, lovely staff.

Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

The cocktails are delicious, really well made. The lunchtime menu is superb and extremely reasonable. The main menu is really well thought out and all of the food is delicious and homemade. The chef is brilliant and pops out to see if you're enjoying your food which is a lovely touch. You even receive a little bottle of fizz if you're dining on your Birthday. Lovely atmosphere too, a real winner. The best place to eat in Mansfield town centre by far.

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Had a quick lunch here with a colleague whilst attending a 1st aid course nearby.

Service was friendly, welcoming & fast (we informed our server that we were on a tight schedule.)

The quality of food is still a cut above the competition and the prices are very reasonable.

Having eaten here before it was nice to see that the standards haven't slipped.

The chef even came out to check that everything was OK, nice to see that people still take pride in their reputations.

Well worth a visit

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Fabulous decor, venue, staff and entertainment. This place is just brilliant. I wish I lived in Mansfield!
Congrats to all concerned, and, thank you. Perfect!

1  Thank Teflon1961