“Mmmm just ok”

Fothergills
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Went here last night for my wife's birthday. There was 5 of altogether. Started off really well with hot pea soup & bread sticks but unfortunately went down hill after that. The mains came out after around half an hour which was great but there was very little on our plates and considering the price of the dishes there was more expectancy. I had lamb which lacked in flavour and simply wasn't enough. Presentation however was very good. We then ordered deserts which we ended up waiting an hour for because the chef apparently made a mistake with one if the deserts. Again not being a food greedy person or anything but you have to ask yourself what do you get for your money. It was ok, but certainly not worth the wait. Overall we were quite disappointed to be honest. Before it was Lambs at the Market before it changed hands and was much better. I probably won't be returning anytime soon because there are better ones around that are much cheaper with better service. Sorry guys.

1  Thank danking85

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I recently ate at Fothergills and I have to say I can't recommend this place highly enough, from the moment we were greeted until the moment we left everything was perfect.

I understand the restaurant is relatively new and is building its reputation as one of the best places for 'fine dining' in Mansfield, which was excellent for me as it meant I was able to get a reservation with relatively short notice.

We had a very warm and friendly reception from the waitress, who took us to our table (situated nicely in the lower level). We had time to settle in before she came back for our drinks order, and our food order shortly after as we had already decided what we wanted to eat.

The surroundings are beautiful and the place and a great ambience that is lacking in so many places. I loved the modern decor and the striking art on the walls.

We both had three courses, and both had the fillet for main. All courses were served at an appropriate pace and all were imaginative and beautifully presented. We asked for the steaks to be served medium, and they tasted perfect.

Thank you so much for an amazing dining experience, we shall certainly be making another reservation at Fothergills in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Menu very interesting and food arrived beautifully presented however it wasn, t quite there on taste Food was expensive and would have expected more considering this! We would have been much happier eating a less pretty, less complicated but more tasty meal .

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Beautiful restaurant inside loads of space and friendly staff .
The food was very well presented and tasted lovely although i must say I'm not a fan of having food served on a tile would soon see it on a plate .
We had been given the menus by a friend to look at before we went and asked if we could phone with our order in advance omg it took us 3 days to get someone to pick up the phone to take our order ?
They also did what seems to be common practice and the food that was served on Plates was served on cold plates so the food went cold I don't understand why restaurants do this .
We like to Finnish our night with coffee and was not offered coffee after our sweet seem to take us ages to get anyone to make us one but the coffee was lovely when it arrived ?
Would I go again well I think so as the food and restaurant was lovely (-:

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Excellent service, good choices of food, excellent quality, a great evening at Fothergills. Not cheap, but quality, perhaps lacking in ambience, but more than made up for with the quality of food and service. Worth a try, we will definitely be returning