“dont stay there!!!”

WoodSpring Suites Columbus Southeast
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Groveport
Reviewed 29 December 2012

its dirty and theres a bunch of welfare moms with tons of kids to keep you up all night not to mention your car will get broken in to mine did so dont stay unless you want to be up all night by screaming crying kids beating on the floor and people partying all night long doing drugs throwing bottles onto cars.

Room Tip: no room good
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank DAVID G

Reviewed 19 July 2012

By FAR the WORST Hotel experience EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let see, I went to check in and found my reservation had been cancelled. The clerk was able to find me a room on the 4 th floor which I appreciated until..................
the family across from my room had a dog and at least 3 children under 10 and they loved to scream and run up and down the halls. I called the after hours number and when I said I was in room 400 the clerk said she was talking to my neighbor. A few minutes latter my neighbor knocked on my door and defended her children's right to make noise. Lets just say you can take the girl out-of-the-hood but you can't take the hood out-of-the-girl.

That was my welcome night, Friday. On Saturday I asked to find another room to use. I was told that Monday would be the earliest available room and to check back after 3 PM. Unfortunately, I was working and didn't have the time to contact the front desk. So I stayed away as much as possible from the hotel because of other incidents like............

Tuesday night, around 4 am the neighbor beside me decided to have a fight with her husband. I seriously thought a gun fight would break out. That lasted till around 5 AM.

Wednesday night, also around 4 AM the place was ablaze with flashing lights. Cop cars, a couple of ambulances and a fire truck. Turns out a young women died and the police were here till 8 AM investigating. They also broke up a fight.

Thursday night, as I'm writing this e-mail my neighbor(with the kids) have been screaming inside their closed door room since 3 PM. No one has knocked on her door and asked that she control the noise.

I will say that the staff is friendly and accommodating.

I will also say, I will never stay at any kind of extended stay hotel. Yours especially or any of your competitors.
Spending $250.00 a week for a hotel and living in the hood is disgusting.

Trust me, I will let all my friends and co-worker know about this experience.

JUST AWFUL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: If you VALUE your LIFE, DO NOT even consider staying here.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank Rochard S
Reviewed 20 December 2011

Bed bugs found at this hotel. Was told after staying there for 4 plus months and changing rooms on and off due to traveling home, that the bed bus were brought in by me. Anything can happen, and did a full check and have exterminator come to my home to find out that there was no issue on my part.

One or two weeks before issue, walked in on customer complaining about bed bugs and wanting refund. Asked personnel about this and was told person just wanted money back.
When informed the personnel about the issue, they confirmed that they were indeed, bed bugs.....night shift manager was very helpful and helped to check to see if I was bitten by any.
I asked him how to tell if you have a bed bug bite, and he proceeded to roll up sleves on both arms and showed me.....holy monkey....he was ate up with bites....great guy...but still covered in bites.....and he lived on site.

All in all, totaly sucked. Was told it was a issue with me and lied to, and told that there was not a issue. Denie all you want but two different customers and 2 to 3 different rooms that has bed bugs and a night shift manager that ate up....you figure it out....stay away from this location.....

Room Tip: Go somewhere else....cheap price is not worth taking bugs back home with you.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank jeff w
Reviewed 26 July 2010

First of all, I've stayed in this hotel 2 times. The first time was the week of June 4th - June 11, 2010. It was quiet, but we were on the 4th floor that time. I was disappointed in the fact that they only clean the room every TWO weeks. It wasn't so bad, even though while staying here I'm still not sure but what happen but me & my fiance were awaken by the sounds of fire truck alarms. We walked downstairs but there were no workers to let us know what happen, nor did they tell us the next day or put signs up. There was just a broken window next to the main entry & that is all. I'll say this happen at about 4am.

The second time is right now. I literally typing this while I sit on the bed of this room & I am totally grossed out. First of all, they hired some new people since the previous time I was here. They were rude, ghetto, and one of the guys that was suppose to be doing the nighttime security was outside talking/smoking with the other guests as if he was just another guest. He had an attitude when asked questions & did not come off as professional. Secondly, there were a ton of children outside screaming/playing for about 2 hrs in the the late afternoon. The paper that you receive after checking in specifically says no loitering on the property yet no one told these people to stop/go indoors. Thirdly the day we were to receive our cleaning, the housekeeper came quite early, we asked her to return, (which she offered not I) and she NEVER came back. Also, I have seen numerous bugs all over the building. In the lobby. In the hallway next to the elevator, next to the elevator, and IN MY ROOM. There were ants everywhere. Also some type of beetle type bug that was in the bathroom & crawling on the wall next o the bed. I am totally grossed out. Also! They obviously just let anyone stay here. This is NOT a nice place if you are looking for peace & quiet. The people are loud, yell through the hallways & I also hear my neighbors slamming things all through the day.

I will NEVER stay in this hotel again. I can't even believe inspectors let this place stay open. Everything about it is ghetto & unorganized. This place needs to get new employees/management because these people are running it into the ground. DO NOT STAY HERE. I'd rather go to the In Town Suites despite the fact that their review says they have bed bugs. It's that bad. Hopefully this helps people before they decide to book this place.

*Edit! The fire truck thing happen again. I'm not sure what's going on here, but when I called the "emergency number" the guy told me "Oh, everything's fine." Then mumbled something, so I hung up. Like I said before, unprofessional workers!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
8  Thank GypsyGirl85
Also consider these accommodations in or near Groveport
Best Western Canal Winchester Inn - Columbus South East
Best Western Canal Winchester In...
#1 of 1 in Canal Winchester
Quality Inn & Suites
#66 of 145 in Columbus
Holiday Inn Express Lancaster
Holiday Inn Express Columbus South - Obetz

Been to WoodSpring Suites Columbus Southeast? Share your experiences!