“Clean and adequate ”

Travelodge Retford Markham Moor
Travelodge Retford Markham Moor
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Markham Moor
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

For a budget hotel this was fine and everything was as expected. Room was clean, staff polite and bed comfortable. Useful location being at service station off the a1. I will probably stay here again, although at 45 per night the one 30 miles up road in Doncaster was much cheaper at 26/night.

Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 27 July 2014

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel every week night for the last 12 months.
We always found the staff very friendly, extremely helpful and yet professional.
There is traffic noise in the bedroom if you open the windows but given the location this isnt surprising but the windows are all double glazed and do a good job in deafening the traffic roar.
The rooms were always very clean and fresh and the ensuite sparkled which we greatly appreciated as we spent so much time there.
If our work took us back to that neck of the woods again we wouldnt hesitate in booking in there again. Excellent job Travelodge and thanks for making our stay a pleasant one.

Room Tip: I chose the family room so I didnt have to climb the stairs
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Tuxford Travelodge. booked there as my normal place was full.
A summers day, room was like an oven all night did not sleep at all. For the price I would have expected free Wi Fi (even my local pub offers this!)
Breakfast not included,alternatives buy a "Breakfast box" I had been forewarned about them, so gave it a miss! Or 10% off a Little chef breakfast , although they are OK they are horrendously expensive for what they are, so I nipped into a cafe I know just up the road had a far better wholesome brekkie for half the price!
My first experience of travelodge. Value for money? No. Will I stay again? only as a last resort.
I know I can get a get a much better B&B at a similar price in the area,(with FREE Wi Fi!!) so will be stying there in the future.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 July 2014

clean rooms, friendly staff, comfy beds. The only downside was no aircon so as it was hot had to have window open and the A1 traffic noise was not all that. Ideal location for RAF Waddington, Newark Air Museum and Sherwood Forest. Discount in the Little chef right outside the Travelodge.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WITCHTRICKERY
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This Travelodge is beautifully clean and well run. The reception staff are friendly and very helpful if you need advice about local places to eat and drink. Be a little careful about accessing the hotel as its a little confusing and the postcode for your satnav can take you to the opposite side of the A1!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christopher O
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Apart from dreadful signage to the hotel, we've noticed a huge improvement all round. Really comfortable beds, good pillows, proper towels - excellent value for money. Our room was a bit hot and stuffy and the road noise too much to have the windows open, but other than that, it was excellent. We can only say Well Done Travelodge, you've won us back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank pacificislandjane
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Glad to see that Travelodge have given Markham Moor an upgrade. Everything shiny and clean. TIP - the food at the Truck Stop next door (gap in hedge leads you there) is excellent and reasonably priced. You can also park there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
The Forest Lodge Hotel
#1 of 1 in Edwinstowe
Travelodge Blyth A1 M Hotel
Ye Olde Bell Hotel & Restaurant

Been to Travelodge Retford Markham Moor? Share your experiences!