“Basic but served the purpose”

and 1 more site!
Travelodge Newark North Muskham
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in North Muskham
Trowbridge, United Kingdom
“Basic but served the purpose”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

For the price it offers a good simple clean room with comfy beds. Lodge only has a little chef for food so don't expect much and pay a lot for the food! Overall not bad and price wise ok. Easy to miss off A1!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Overall, I am not a fan of the new refurbished colour schemes - it all seems so insipid and pale. However, recent refurbishment means the room we had was clean and in good condition. There was a little noise from traffic but the windows did quite a good job of keeping the noise out. The staff were all friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Checked in, staff member said will check if room finished, I assumed being cleaned.

Bed shoved in corner of room against wall, no SOFA, and room reeking of paint.

Raised missing bed with staff member who "giggled and looked at me lik I had 3 heads", due to smell of paint had to open window, as hotel next to A1, not a quiet stay

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

TravelodgeUK, Nicolas from Customer Services at Travelodge Newark North Muskham, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
We are very sorry to learn that you were unhappy with your stay with us S K. We expect your room to be fully set up and ready for you when you arrive so it is really regrettable to learn that you were allocated a room that was still undergoing maintenance. We also require our staff members to be polite, welcoming and maintain a high level of professionalism at all times. We would like to take this opportunity to investigate this issue, please use the contact us button on our website to provide us with more information which will allow us to offer a resolution and indicate that you have left a TripAdvisor review.

Travellers are raving about these North Muskham hotels

Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2014

All fine for the money quite a nice Travelodge. Not noisy despite its location. The one downside was the wi-fi. Expensive at £10 for a day but I needed it for work, so paid. The WORST internet access I have ever had in a hotel, EVER!
Don't pay for it, and whatever you do DO NOT go to the Little Chef next door...it is very, very bad!
The hotel however is clean, comfortable and the staff pleasant :)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014

The hotel was of a fine standard an average Travelodge. Warm, comfortable and basic. No problems with room.
There is no where to go to eat, there is a little chef menu in the room, do not be drawn in. I have stayed here a few times and each time when I have used the only convenient "restaurant" I have been amazed at how bad it is. Truly awful, it puts me off using this hotel, it is worth the extra drive to Markham moor Lodge or Lincoln on the hill Lodge. They have a choice of food places within walking distance.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Harwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2014

As I was on my journey from Featherstone, West Yorkshire to Harwich, Essex, I Broke down at the petrol station that is joined to this site. It was getting cold and I went to seek some warmth from the hotel whilst I awaited the break down services, I was greeted by a very pleasant, well mannered smartly dressed member of Staff called Clive, whom made me feel welcome although I was in a tight spot with my broken down vehicle, he made me a hot drink to warm up with and aloud me to stay in the reception area out of the rapidly dropping temperatures outside. And for this I am very very appreciative for the service that I received from Clive and I would also consider using this hotel in the future and this hotel would come highly recommended for friends and family when visiting the area. A very big Thank You to Clive.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Was staying at this Travelodge as was going to an event at Newark Showground, as we were coming from the North it was really easy to get off the A1 Southbound at the services and park up at this hotel. If you are on the Northbound side might be a little bit harder to get to.

Hotel itself was just like any regular Travelodge (it's next to a Little Chef and Petrol Station), staff were friendly enough and the room was clean and comfortable, everything we would need for an overnight stay. Only thing I had to ask for is extra towels from reception.

If I was in the area would stay here again as relatively cheap for an overnight stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Saracens Head Hotel
Saracens Head Hotel
#1 of 1 in Southwell
Ramada Resort Grantham

Been to Travelodge Newark North Muskham? Share your experiences!