“Confusing Parking Fee???”
Review of Clumber Park

Clumber Park
Ranked #5 of 26 things to do in Worksop
More attraction details
Owner description: Clumber is a beautiful expanse of parkland, heath and woods covering more than 3,800 acres.Clumber Park was once the country estate of the Dukes of Newcastle. Although the house was demolished in 1938, there are glimpses of its grand past to explore - from the Gothic-style chapel, often referred to as a 'cathedral in miniature', you can follow in the footsteps of dukes through the peaceful pleasure ground to the Walled Kitchen Garden, where you can experience sights, scents and a taste of the past.Today Clumber offers freedom to discover a ducal park and provides a haven for wildlife within an idyllic setting.With 3,800 acres of picturesque parkland and gardens, peaceful woodlands and a magnificent lake to enjoy there is plenty of space to explore and relax with your family and friends.Not only is Clumber's mosaic of habitats home to an amazing array of wildlife, it is also a great place to spot it.And there's much more to explore.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

So I went to Clumber Park today with my 12 yr old son and 18yr old daughter and the family puppy!
First time I have been there since I was a child
The parking information is very confusing and I thought I’d have to pay a stupid fee to park but then noticed people were parked on verges with their kids and having barbecues etc so I opted to park on a verge as we were just going to enjoy the walk to the lake and house rather than park in the car park which meant we were closer. When I got to the car a drove off up the road a leaflet was on my windscreen wiper which I thought nothing of and left it on thinking it was a just a leaflet about the park. When I got home my daughter took it off and read out that I should have taken it to pay for my car!
Now I’m panicking I’m going to get a fine. It’s not clear you have to pay on the verges too no pay machines in site, no signs. Looking on website my daughter states I should have paid £9 for the car and £4 for each of us. How come there isn’t pay points or pay on entry through the arch.......

2  Thank lynnelegancemorris
NTClumberPark, Marketing & Communications Manager at Clumber Park, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Hi Lynne, thank you for your feedback.

Entrance fees help us to look after this special place for future generations. Without these fees, we simply couldn't do this.

There is no charge per car, only per person. You can find all of our pricing information by visiting our website.

Have you considered membership? It is by far the best way to enjoy over 450 properties and places in the UK, and gives you free entry to the park.

Please note, you have not been fined. This is not our policy.

Thank you.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,103)
All reviews
"tea room"
in 19 reviews
"adventure playground"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great for walking, cycling and picnics, so much space you never feel crowded.
Plus there is superb wildlife to be seen

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The adventure play area is excellent, lots to keep children happy of all ages. Swings, monkey bars, rolling log, wooden play houses, ropes I could go on!
Big lawns, geese, swans and an impressive lake.
Trees for children to climb and plants of places for hide and seek.
Fabulous day out!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had a good visit here, but wanted to review the cafe as well. The signage mostly says to visitor facilities and nothing else so you could walk for ages and not know where you are going and a lot of the staff do not know where things are as they only work in their area. The staff are pleasant, but visit the garden tea rooms and cafe which are very nice.. avoid the other shabby cafe at the other end of the park by the chapel ( if you can find it ! )