“Great food”

Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Derby
“Great food”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

As this was just walking distance from my B&B I ate here on my first night, I would highly recommend this pub but please book a table as I turned up and the place was fall, the staff managed to find me a spot in the bar to eat, my food came quickly and was excellent.

Visited May 2014

“Fantastic”
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Great food. Fantastic (and very wide and varied) choice of food. Brilliant service. We will be back when we're down next.

“Excellent food, service and atmosphere”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I've heard a lot of good reviews about this pub so decided to try it out. Went with my husband on a busy night over Christmas and was very impressed. All the staff were friendly and helpful - food was served hot and promptly.

Decided to take the whole family on a Sunday afternoon just after Christmas and was still impressed with the service/food. All the children (who can be fussy) found several things they liked on the extensive menu and ate it all!

Overall, a good place to eat and drink :-)

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Wendy W
Abingdon, United Kingdom
“Good food”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Although I live nearby I never visited this pub before but been there yesterday for dinner with a group of friends and I was pleasantly surprised. Food arrived after 10-15 mins of waiting. I just had an appetizer as not very hungry, and I have to admit it was delicious and very nice presented. I would definitely go again.

• Visited December 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Pub food that is the real thing, including exotic animal”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Neighborhoods setting, walking distance from my B&B, Rowen Guest House. Food, exceptionally good, piping hot, lots of veggies and what I believe to be real mashed potatoes. Too much on my Lamb shank meal to finish. Cold, cold brew. All for £18. Efficient servers well paced service. Great menu selections. Toasty and warm the way a Pub should be.

Visited November 2013