“Amazing food”

Ranked #6 of 94 Restaurants in Abingdon
Price range: US$9 - US$47
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Chaba Thai offers a fresh, modern dining experience with fresh, tasty Thai food from our very experienced Chef. Come and taste the difference. We are open for Express Lunch (£6.99 set menu*, which is an amazing deal!) from 12-3pm and for evening meals from 6-11pm (reservations not necessary apart from weekends). We have a Wine list put together by a local wine enthusiast. Sunday to Wednesdays are our unlimited Thai Banquet nights where you order dish after dish from our extensive Banquet menu for an inclusive price of £17.95 (£8.95 for children under 145cms) Take-away and Home Delivery also available.
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Thought I had to review this place as the food was simply faultless. I have been a few times now, mainly for a quick noodle lunch but we went for their new banquet night which is all you can eat, cooked to order, from a set menu. Everything we had was beautifully presented, very well cooked and tasted amazing. My husband isn't even a fan of thai (despite me trying to educate him on a trip to Thailand!) but he thought it was fab. Don't even hesitate about going here.

There are newer reviews for Chaba Thai

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Been here a couple of times now since moving, food is excellent highly recommended we have just done all you can eat and the food is still tasty thanks chaba.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

This is the first time that we have been to this restaurant for many years, the last time we went we were very disappointed hence avoided the place, after reading some good reviews about it now that it has new owners we thought we would give it a try, wow what a good job we did, we had the eat as much as you like menu, all the food we had was excellent we had a selection of starters then we had soup which was ace we then had a curry meal each, we will certainly return, at last we have a great Thai restaurant in Abingdon.

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I'm a regular of eating thai food, and this place is up there with the best I've had.
Very authentic, delicious tasty dishes all cooked freshly and to perfection.
The staff are polite and friendly and the prices are reasonable
Mid week all you can eat deal is worth a try

Reviewed 4 June 2014

A family-run business with excellent service in a clean restaurant with freshly made food.

As a vegan, it's hard to find a Thai restaurant with a curry that I can eat -- that is, one without shrimp paste or fish sauce, etc.

On this occasion, I brought my OWN paste in (Mae Ploy makes a few curry pastes that are vegan-friendly). The chef cooked it up for me, and, while the sauce could have been a bit stronger, it was nice to have a yellow curry that I could believe in ;)

My friend had chicken satay which he really seemed to like -- gave it an 8 out of 10!

The green papaya salad was tasty -- not too hot, but I got extra chillies on the side to help with that and my curry.

My only "concern" was with the Tom Yum soup -- it tasted like it was made with chicken stock. In order to convince me otherwise, she brought the chef out, as well as the veggie stock powder, just to assure me that it was a veggie-only stock. I was convinced, and realized that it was just really really salty. I don't think it's necessary to add salt to veggie stock.... It's already salty enough.

In fact, both my friend and I agreed that our curries were also a bit salty....

would I return? Certainly. I would ask for less salt, but I'd know that whatever I requested, would be met with absolute consideration by the staff. Very pleasant indeed.

Oh, and we enjoyed a fantastic bottle of Alsatian Riesling from Pfaffenheim -- for the decent price of just 20 pounds. Highly recommended for a Thai curry meal!