Oxford Abingdon Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Egrove Park(Oxford)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewstrouser presscomplimentary winebacon rollstayed for one nightbiscuitsan overnight staythe ground floorbreakfast was includedplenty of choiceself servicegood nights sleeptea and coffeeno liftcomfy bedsaturday nightpark and rideangie
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We were pleasantly surprised, room was nice and clean,plenty of hot water,fluffy towels, lots of choice for breakfast. Staff really helpful. Yes the carpets make it look quite dark and dingy in corridors. But that doesn't effect your stay.Price on the high side however it is in line with other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
BenSandersGM, General Manager at Oxford Abingdon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review following your stay with us.

I am pleased that we were able to meet your requirements and that you enjoyed your stay.

I hope that you will stay with us again should you find yourself in the Oxford area.

Regards

Reviewed 28 June 2013

Four of us Stayed for one night, en route to Southampton to our cruise ship. Easy to find and handy for the motorway. Staff very friendly and helpful. Our room was bright and airy on the ground floor, our friends were allocated a room on the first floor, however as one of them was disabled, (no lift), the receptionist did her best to supply a ground floor room. Good extensive menu at dinner and plenty of choice for breakfast. Would definitely use them again if travelling further south.
The only worrying this was the rat traps all around the outside, at least they are addressing the problem.

Room Tip: If you have difficulty with stairs, best to let them know in advance, we were luck on this occasion as they were able to accommodate us.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving a review following your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you were able to kick start your holiday on a positive note, I hope that you enjoyed your subsequent cruise.

Like any food business operating in an urban environment we are required to meet a certain standard of pest control. I would like to assure you, and any other future guests, that the hotel does not have a pest problem. These are proactive measures, rather than reactive.

I hope that you will return to the hotel when visiting the Oxfordshire area again.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

The rooms can at best be described as run down travelodge style, the floor boards creek throughout, especially in the bedroom and even the tiles in the bathroom squeak! The door 'stays' do nothing with the result that you can constantly hear the doors banging in the corridor. Breakfast is very average.

The evening meal, by contrast, was excellent, everything freshly cooked, and reasonably priced.

The hotel itself though was very poor value, certainly not a £109 per night hotel.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CliveH_UK
BenSandersGM, General Manager at Oxford Abingdon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving a review following your recent stay with us. May I say how sorry I am that not all elements of your stay were satisfactory.

As you may have read from some of my previous replies we are in the process of planning a refurbishment of our standard rooms which will address the disappointments you have highlighted.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding dinner food, I will ensure they are passed to the kitchen and front of house teams.

I would naturally disagree regarding your comments about the hotel being poor value for money as we pride ourselves on offering the most competitive rates. Our rates are dictated by market demand and selling price of our competitors. From our records I can see that we were indeed the best value full service hotel available in the local area on the night you stayed with us.

Thank you again for leaving a review and I hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

We stayed at this hotel with friends for an overnight stay, we found the room to be fairly quite, even though the hotel is near to a main road. We found the staff to be pleasant and polite and the 2 course evening meal was excellent value for money. There was also plenty of choice for breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving feedback following your recent stay with us. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the food and more importantly our staff. All of our trip advisor reviews are shared with the team who will no doubt be happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay.

I hope that you will stay with us again when viisiting the Oxford area.

Reviewed 24 May 2013

Stayed for one night on business. Servie and staff were great, food was good in restaurant, I had lamb and it was lovely. Room perfectly fine, nice and clean, free wifi and breakfast was ok, nothing absolutely magical but not issues, it was as I'd expect. A good nights sleep. All in all a good experience, and I'd pick it if I stayed in the area again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank andy0870
BenSandersGM, General Manager at Oxford Abingdon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving a review following your recent stay with us, I am pleased you had such a positive experience.

I hope that you will return to the hotel when you are next in the area on business.