“As I was expecting”

Oxford Abingdon Hotel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Abingdon
Reviewed 14 March 2014

The hotel is clean and the workers are very courteous. The only thing I did not like was that, the whole week they serve the same kind breakfast. But it was good anyway. Maybe the problem was that I was not used to the English breakfast (The meats were a little oily).

Room Tip: I staid in the ground floor and I did not have problems with noise or any other kind of intermission...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
BenSandersGM, General Manager at Oxford Abingdon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving a review following your recent stay with us. I'm glad we were able to accomodate your needs during your stay.

I noted your comments regarding breakfast and we are in the process of reviewing the current offering with the hope that we can vary some of the items on a daily basis.

Thank you again for choosing our hotel and I hope that you will stay with us again when in Abingdon.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I went to an Ollie Murs/Bruno Mars tribute night at the Four Pillars. The 2 tribute guys were excellent, especially Bruno Mars and had everyone up dancing all night until 1.00am. The meal was quite nice with a choice of menu. I had melon with summer berries, chicken breast with a mustard sauce and vegetables and a selection of cheese and biscuits. My husband ordered the fishcakes for main but when it came it was just 'one' fishcake on a bed of lettuce which was more like a starter. He sent it back and ordered the chicken which the waitress did no problem but I think this should be taken off the menu for a main as there were not even vegetables with it. The room was very spacious and we had a lovely breakfast. The drinks were quite reasonable. Overall very good value and will come again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for reviewing the hotel following your recent stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed the tribute night; we're hoping to add some more nights to this years events calendar.

I noted the comment regarding your husbands main course and apologise if his first choice was disappointing. Our Head Chef will follow up these comments with the kitchen team.

Thank you again for leaving a review, we hope to welcome you back to the Oxford Abingdon Four Pillars Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Stayed here on several occasions whilst on business. Check in very efficient and friendly. Rooms..... good aspects: nice large room with decent bed and the bonus of 2 large comfy armchairs. Free wifi a bonus. Less good bits : odd smell throughout hotel (almost like damp smell). Rooms and especially the bathrooms are tired and dated. Small lcd fixed on wall. Overall, OK for one night, well located for Tesco next door, and nearby amenities. I wouldnt stay here with family or on leisure. Business rate of £79 a tad over priced. All in all, and OK hotel that resembles "Crossroads" for those that remember the TV series.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
BenSandersGM, General Manager at Oxford Abingdon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving a review. As stated in some of my previous replies we hope to fully refurbish the majority of our bedrooms over the forthcoming year with a view to modernising the furniture and decor.

I hope that you will continue to use the hotel throughout the course of the year.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Recently stayed here for two nights whilst working in the area. Ideal location close to the A34. Hotel staff efficient and friendly. My room was up to the standard I expected for this grade of hotel.
Didn't eat in the restaurant as the menu wasn't to my liking, however there are plenty of other places to eat within walking distance. On the flip side, the hot buffet breakfast was one of the best I have tasted in many years.

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to meet all your requirements.

We are just about to change our menu content and pricing structure in the Bar and Grill. I hope that on your next visit we will be able to tempt you to eat at the hotel.

Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here overnight in business as it is ideally located for Milton park. I was a little disappointed that the room I was allocated was freezing as the heater was broken however I was quickly moved to another lovely room with great customer service ( which continued during my stay). My evening meal and breakfast were lovely and great price. Would be happy to stay here again but I do agree that there is a big difference in rooms with some needing an upgrade

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for leaving a review after your recent stay. I am sorry that the heater in your 1st room was malfunctioning. I am pleased that we were able to swiftly move you to a room that met all the requirements you would expect of a Four Pillars Hotel.

I am glad you enjoyed your evening meal and breakfast. I hope that you will choose to stay with us again when on visiting Abingdon and/or Oxford.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Don't be put off by exterior, looks like a motel but when you get inside it's lovely. Pleasant bar, nice restaurant. Reception smart. Rooms was very good. Every member of staff were polite and friendly. Food , choice, presentation and taste was excellent. All in all a great weekend.
Abingdon is a pleasant Little town with some beautiful buildings

Room Tip: Room 46 quiet and comfy
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thnak you for leaving a kind review after your recent stay with us. I am pleased you enjoyed your visit to Abingdon and that we were able to accomodate all of your needs.

I hope you'll consider staying with us again when visit Oxford and Abingdon.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Stayed here for quite a number of days in Jan 14. The initial room I was given was in bad need to a revamp, but on the next visit I was located nearer to the reception area which obviously was modernised recently and I have to say was very very good! pity that this isn't replicated throughout the hotel as I very nearly didn't come back for the 2nd stay.

The breakfast is amazing and the staff are very good too!

Good value, location and breakfast and overall a good hotel if you get the mondernised rooms!

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving a review. I am pleased that on your second visit we were able to allocate you more suitable room than on your first visit.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff. The morning team will be very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your breakfast.

I hope that you will stay with us again when in Abingdon,

Ben

Also consider these accommodations in or near Abingdon
Milton Hill, Abingdon
De Vere Oxford Thames
Travelodge Oxford Abingdon Road Hotel
Hampton by Hilton Oxford Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Oxford

Been to Oxford Abingdon Hotel? Share your experiences!