Oxford Abingdon Hotel
US$124
  • Breakfast included
US$79
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Abingdon Hotel(Abingdon)(Great Value!)
US$86
Agoda.com
US$61
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
Hampton by Hilton Oxford Hotel(Oxford)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$108
Orbitz.com
US$89
US$86
US$193
US$115
Agoda.com
All reviewstrouser presscomplimentary winebacon rollstayed for one nightbiscuitsan overnight staythe ground floorbreakfast was includedplenty of choiceself servicegood nights sleeptea and coffeeno liftcomfy bedsaturday nightpark and rideangie
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I stayed one night in the Oxford Abingdon Four Pillars Hotel. It was a hot day in the area, and the room had no air conditioned and the windows did not open more than a fist's width. It was stifling.
The WiFi essentially didn't work. It would come and go, mostly go.
The room was clean. The bed was fine. The room had a very dated look and looked a bit like a nursing home.
I was not impressed looking at the menu of the hotel, so I took a cab to the Oxford City Center. Going there it costs me 20 pounds and returning to this hotel cost 23 pounds.
I was staying on the 2nd floor. I had a heavy suitcase, especially after a very long day. I did not see a lift, and if there was one, the staff did not point me to it. They directed me to the steps and I just lugged my suitcase up myself.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We booked this hotel for Sat July 12 to break up the journey from Newcastle to Southampton and to visit Highclere Castle. Neither the hotel or Highclere worked out. Basically we spent a night in ratty hotel and paid 4 star price.When we arrived at the hotel we asked about getting into Oxford, we were told we could walk 10 minutes to Oxford along the River path - HA Ha - more like 30 minutes and over rough terrain. Oxford was heaving with tourists.The hotel rooms were dank and miserable and hot as hell - no A/C and overnight as it was approx 25c we were sweating and the room had natural air except the windows and the noise from traffic was terrible. The bathroom had a dirty sink and mold and mildew around the tub/shower. The toilet handle was actually broken, it was coming off and one had to push it in the flush the loo.I would say don't stay here. If it was 40 pounds a night, then go for it and get what you paid. The sister hotel along the way was a much nicer looking place, however that was full and I mistakenly thought that the hotel in Abingdon would be OK - BIG MISTAKE. Don't go there unless you want to be taken for a mug. Don't go to Highclere unless you have a pre paid ticket - even then - it was heaving with people --- way oversold.. I saw in TA that someone paid $60 pounds, for this hotel well that was all it was worth - unfortunately we paid the going rate of 129 pounds and got totally ripped off. I would NEVER stay at a PILLAR hotel again. We were pleased to get out and on our way.

Room Tip: The noise from the road is really loud and the hotel was almost empty. We could hear traffic all night from the motorway nearby.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Had an e-mail, Dinner, B&B £60.00. this was to good to miss, never been to this hotel before so did not quite no what to expect, but we were not disappointed. The staff were friendly and welcoming, I believe it is on of the smaller Fours Pillar Hotels.

The evening meal was excellent, but breakfast was even better, not the same range as some of the other hotels, but the plates and the food was hot, did not look like it had been kept warm and very good cooked breakfast, (we came down at 9.00a.m.)

Large room well maintained, but could do with air-con, on the night we stayed it was very hot and traffic noise with the windows open.

Visited Abingdon town centrethe following morning, made a nice break, will go back when they have another offer like this.

Room Tip: If you are using the A34 and looking for a nights B&B this is ideal.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Had a one night stay in an upgraded room which was worth the extra money, Was situated WELL away from the main area as told them I slept lightly and needed a quiet space to chill.
Food was lovely, friendly staff in all areas and although there was a party, we were served quickly at the bar.
Emailed the manager to thank him for providing us with a relaxed mini break and how rare it was for me to do so :) Thanks!
Ceinwen and Adrian

Room Tip: Upgraded rooms are ace, wine, fizzy water, chocolates, toiletries were lush etc! big airy room to spend quiet time in
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and with the exception of one incident, which the management, unprompted, put right to our satisfaction, we had a very pleasant stay. The room was comfortable, clean, and well serviced. Whilst the evening menu in the restaurant was a little restricted the quality of the food was very good, with the chef quite happily preparing an 'off menu' meal to meet my wife's dietary needs. The choice and quality of the food at breakfast was again very good. At both the staff were very pleasant and attentive with empty plates and tables cleared promptly. Prices at the bar matched those at local public houses. That said the hotel has one drawback. Traffic noise to the rear can be disruptive to a good nights sleep, as does the location of a patio area and function room. We would quite happily stay at this hotel again, but would ensure when we booked insist on a room at the front of the hotel.

Room Tip: choose one at the front or if only ones to the rear available as far away from the reception area as possible
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple