“So welcoming and comfortable”
Review of The Barns Cafe

The Barns Cafe
Ranked #27 of 96 Restaurants in Abingdon
Cuisines: Cafe
Description: Come and enjoy our excellent food and drink (ethically traded and locally sourced where possible). Relax in our comfy seats. Enjoy the lively bustle, or find a cosy nook where you can settle down with a book or your laptop. You'll find freshly ground, handcrafted coffee, carefully brewed loose leaf teas, epic handmade cakes and light lunches Look forward to seeing you!
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I popped in here again last week and felt I had to report back again.

The Barns really is a gem of a place. I met a friend for coffee. This time we sat upstairs in one of the two charming galleries where there is very comfortable seating. So comfortable that we sat there for 90 minutes with our tea / coffee. I had tea and you get an entire pot to yourself - two very generous cups worth!

The service is truly excellent. Nothing is too much bother.

In the photograph you can see the regular knitters group that meets there every other Wednesday morning!

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Visited here for the first time last week.

The cafe is run by a full time manager but otherwise staffed by willing volunteers. You would never know this as the service is very professional.

I have a restricted starch-free diet and normally opt for salad at lunchtime. There were no main course salads on offer so I opted for the gluten free mushroom soup. It was gorgeous! As I can't eat bread of any type, I accompanied it with a small, very reasonably priced £1.00 side salad.

It was a lunchtime work related meeting so the free wifi was an added bonus.

The medieval barns have been beautifully restored. The downstairs was busy , mostly with young mothers and toddlers but it was neither noisy nor overcrowded. On my next visit, I'm going to try out the galleries which look to be fitted out with comfy chairs.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Great, friendly service. Lovely surroundings, enjoyed playing board games from the big selection upstairs. Tasty cakes and crunchy gingerbreadman!

1  Thank Christine W