I stayed on a thursday night - the first time since the opening of the newly refurbished hotel. My room was small, but very cosy and unique with a generous bathroom. Plumbing was great, TV good, plenty of power points and fast wifi in the bedroom and the restaurant. Chorizo and prawn risotto - a daily special - was well cooked and made a tasty starter, the venison stew was ideal for a winter night and very generous. Overall the menu had a lot of dishes that I wanted to try. For late evening on a Thursday the restaurant had a good buzz, service was very good. There's a separate bar/pub across the courtyard with several drinking areas and open fires looked inviting and I will try it out next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crown & Thistle has benefited from a £1.8m refurbishment and is a stunning restaurant, bar and rooms with character and elegance.Serving quality food and drink all day every day, from breakfast through to lunch and dinner, as well as a range of coffees, fine wines, cocktails, local real ales and international lagers, it is the perfect place to relax in comfortable surroundings.There are 18 beautiful en-suite bedrooms with luxury features and finishings, and a stunning function room, The Barn, for private celebrations, weddings and functions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your The Crown & Thistle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crown And Thistle Hotel Abingdon
- Crown And Thistle Abingdon
- The Crown & Thistle Abingdon, Oxfordshire