Finally, a great hotel in the centre of Abingdon that hits all the right notes! The rooms are beautifully decorated with stylish furniture and top quality bedlinens, we loved the Welsh blankets! There were also some great goodies in the bathroom, melt in the mouth handmade biscuits, fresh milk in the fridge and cafetiere - all nice touches!
The service was impeccable, we were all escorted to our rooms and shown around.
Although we didn’t eat in the hotel, we could see that the restaurant was full and everyone seemed to be having a good time.
The breakfast was divine, with lots of choice and the best coffee I have ever tasted. Again the service was impeccable
As regular visitors to Abingdon we will certainly return. My only suggestion to the hotel would be to place a map of parking on your website and also to provide place mats in the rooms for drinks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crown & Thistle has benefited from a £1.8m refurbishment and is a stunning restaurant, bar and rooms with character and elegance.Serving quality food and drink all day every day, from breakfast through to lunch and dinner, as well as a range of coffees, fine wines, cocktails, local real ales and international lagers, it is the perfect place to relax in comfortable surroundings.There are 18 beautiful en-suite bedrooms with luxury features and finishings, and a stunning function room, The Barn, for private celebrations, weddings and functions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your The Crown & Thistle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crown And Thistle Hotel Abingdon
- Crown And Thistle Abingdon
- The Crown & Thistle Abingdon, Oxfordshire