I cannot praise this hotel enough. Traveling from london to oxford to visit my sister wanted to stay local. Came here after 9 pm thinking we hadn't a hope of a reservation. All very last minute. Place is very quaint lovely quirky rooms double glazing so no noise. Staff were very helpful and friendly a massive thanks to the lady who was on breakfast tremendously kind. Loved the free standing bath. Menus and choice were fab. Was so pleasantly surprised. Hotel is split between 3 buildings reception and rooms and across the mini courtyard the bar and then restaurant. Bed and breakfast for the 2 of us was only 75 pounds breakfast was gorgeous fruit salad yogurts croissants etc then cooked menu. Didn't get to explore abingdon as we left the following morning. No lift but I think there's only 2 floors so wasn't a problem. Do not hesitate to book.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crown & Thistle has benefited from a £1.8m refurbishment and is a stunning restaurant, bar and rooms with character and elegance.Serving quality food and drink all day every day, from breakfast through to lunch and dinner, as well as a range of coffees, fine wines, cocktails, local real ales and international lagers, it is the perfect place to relax in comfortable surroundings.There are 18 beautiful en-suite bedrooms with luxury features and finishings, and a stunning function room, The Barn, for private celebrations, weddings and functions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your The Crown & Thistle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crown And Thistle Hotel Abingdon
- Crown And Thistle Abingdon
- The Crown & Thistle Abingdon, Oxfordshire