S. Howard Bed and Breakfast
US$124
  • Breakfast included
US$79
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Abingdon Hotel(Abingdon)(Great Value!)
US$86
Agoda.com
US$61
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
Hampton by Hilton Oxford Hotel(Oxford)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$108
Orbitz.com
Egrove Park(Oxford)
Agoda.com
All reviewsperiod furnishingscentury housepubs and restaurantssusieriversideoxford
Reviewed 10 February 2010

I had to stay in Abingdon for 2 weeks for work. I was very very nervous about being in a town that I didnt really know on my own.

I came across Susie's website and I got in touch. I was absolutely relieved when I met them. The rooms are excellent value for money and super clean.

I will stay again in a heart beat, and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank noodleniks
Reviewed 30 January 2010

I had a very nice stay here. I did not find parking a problem as I arrived after the free parking became available in the nearby carpark. I paid for a single room (very reasonably priced: it's not always easy to get single rates) and was upgraded to a twin. It was not en suite although there was a sink tucked away in an aclove in the room. The room was pleasantly furnished. I didn't mind the shoes off / quiet rules - I tak my shoes off in my own home too. There was no breakfast (I stayed at the weekend) but this did not bother me. My only complaint? I returned latish and there was no hot water for a bath (or shower or even in the sink). I didn't feel able to wake anyone to tell them - partly because of the rules- but the hot water was back on in the morning.

Stayed: March 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 December 2009

I would like to say that I have been staying at this B&B for nearly six months now due to working away from home. It is one of the best B&B's that I have stayed in. I always receive a very warm welcome and all the rooms are kept extremely clean and tidy on a daily basis. The breakfast is excellent and healthy using locally sourced products. It is like home from home. The house is a beautiful traditional English mid century building, with many traditonal features internaly. I would recommend this B&B to anyone who enjoys a beautiful English home, good healthy food and friendly people.

2  Thank jonathan_angel
Reviewed 16 November 2009

This bed and breakfast is quite nicely appointed, and the ensuite bath we had was huge and bright. It is centrally located in Abingdon, which was handy for us as we did not have a car.
It was comfortable enough, and we chose not to have breakfast as that would have been an additional charge (so is it really a "bed and breakfast"?). All around, a pleasant enough stay.
The downside was that it was difficult to find (no signage at all, outside - so is it a B&B that is not registered or something?), and the woman who owns it is a little on the eccentric side.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank toad55
Reviewed 24 August 2009

Stopped for just one night to visit friends and family.

I used to live in Abingdon, very close to the property, so knew the area was nice, but we were both very pleasantly surprised by how nice the property (no 22) was on the inside. The bedroom was a beautiful wooden panelled room and full of character, and the bathroom was fabulous - large, bright, and very well appointed. In fact I had to almost drag my wife out from a nice hot bath on the Sunday morning - lovely large windows wide open listening to the nearby St Helen's Church bells ringing - she wanted to stay in there all morning!

My only small criticism is that there is no breakfast provided at the weekend, however there is a french patisserie just over the road which sells excellent proper croissants and pastries, and the B&B owner welcomed us to use the kitchen for jam/butter etc.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple