“Lovely B&B with nice chalet type rooms and delicious breakfast”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ardley
Old Post Office Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Ardley B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 April 2013 via mobile

Lovely little B&B with nice chalet style rooms, plenty of space, nice big shower room and lovely big garden. Breakfast was delicious and the owners were very friendly and helpful! Very reasonably priced. Would recommend!

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank kimmyleeds82
There are newer reviews for Old Post Office Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 17 April 2013

We stayed here on 13th April for a wedding at tythe barns. Ideal location, wonderful settings, Barbara was lovely a fantastic host, and greeted us as soon as we pulled up. Breakfast was great and the pub round the corner served great lunch. Can't fault it at all. Not far from Bicester outlet village so even time for some shopping :) looking forward to going again.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank TimeTogether22
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at The Old Post Office Bed and Breakfast. Barbara was such a friendly and helpful host, and the accommodation was very comfortable, homely and good-value. The breakfast was superb! I would definitely recommend this Bed and Breakfast to anybody visiting Ardley, Bicester or the surrounding area.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank sarahandcecil
Reviewed 27 February 2013

what a nice peaceful place, on arrival i was greeted in the carpark & shown where to park & was then guided to my room which was one of the nine individual little cabbins dotted arround the garden. Inside they are very comfortable with TV, fridge, airconditioning, free WIFI & an area out front with table & chairs which would be great on a warm summers night but best of all is the silence with no noise from anyhing or anyone, i got the best nights sleep i have had in a B & B for a long time. The breakfast in the morning was superb especially the sausages, everything was freshly cooked to a high standard & i will definatley be staying again when i next visit the area. "Well Done" i wish more places were like this. 10/10

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 October 2012

The Old Post Office at Ardley is a little out of the way, but for me a 15/20 minute drive to a park and ride into Oxford. As I am self-employed paying the silly prices on the outskirts of Oxford is not really an option so as I drive past the turning for this B&B on days that I commute this made a lot of sense.

Was greeted by Barbara by my first name and shown to my room - not the biggest in the world, but far more welcoming than the dull Travelodge just up the road. Double bed. TV, en-suite and wireless internet are just what is needed - and a fridge too. Only thing missing really was an iron and ironing board but if I had been that way inclned I am sure I could have asked for one. The accommodation is in lodges just away from the main house and heated by an air-con unit, mine was blowing out cold air (I didn't touch it honest, Barbara!), but a quick call and a change to a setting and warm air was soon sorted.

Breakfast was good - although I didn't opt for the full English version so can't comment.

The only real problem for me was the lack of a consistent phone signal on EE, which of course isn't the B&B's fault. But with the wireless internet proving faultless it looks like I need to re-install Skype should I stay there again, which I probably will. Talking to Barbara before my departure and the occupancy rate seems to be pretty high at the moment, so booking in advance would be the way to go.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Arriving in the evening, we were greeted by the owner and shown to our chalet. These are seperate from the main house and are very well appointed with a large, comfortable bed, bathroom (shower only) and small sitting room. TV, Air conditioner, WiFi plus the attraction of sitting outside on the veranda drinking a bottle of wine compliments of the owner. After a good night's sleep, breakfast was cooked and served in another large chalet structure in the garden. This was freshly cooked to order with copious amounts of food and endless filter coffee. There was a very good selection of fruit, healthy options etc but the real English breakfast was a joy. We would definitely stay there again and can thouroughly recommend this quite little corner of England only a short distance from the motorway. Traffic noise minimal and unobtrusive.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Cycling from Scotland to London and this b&b was a really welcome site after a long day in the saddle. The owners were very friendly and let wash some gear for the next day and also let me store my bike in room. Rooms were very clean and comfy and breakfast was superb, with plenty of choice and fresh fruit which I was allowed to raid for my journey.

Local pub very close with good food and Ardley was also very nice little village. I would recommend the as very good value b&b

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ardley
Travelodge Bicester Cherwell Valley M40
The White Horse Inn
The White Horse Inn
#1 of 1 in Duns Tew
Bicester Hotel, Golf and Spa

Been to Old Post Office Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!