We stayed for one night in Feb 2014. We stayed on the dinner b&b deal. The staff were excellent as was the food. Even if we paid full price for our meal I still would have left happy; as it was, getting a third off our bill thanks to the deal meant we thought it excelled. I had the pigs head fritters which, despite the rather odd sounding title were really good. My wife had a deep fried crispy hens egg which was still runny in the middle. Very clever. The wood pigeon was also great but would have been improved if it were served on a plate and not a wooden board as it was very difficult to carve and pour gravy onto!
Our room was large and cleaned by room service to a good standard. The view over the courtyard is nice too. In places I felt the room needed freshening up, for example there was mould on the ceiling in the bathroom over the shower and also on some of the pipes in the bathroom presumably due to condensation. Some of the decor was a bit tired too like the windowsills and woodwork. It was still a nice room but would have been improved by someone spending half a day with a bit of sandpaper and paint in there. The mattress was also a bit uncomfy.
The breakfast was superb and matched the evening meal in terms of quality and choice. The breakfast room is a nice place to sit although when we were eating there were loud builders on the plastic roof literally above our head which was a little annoying at times. It would have been better if breakfast was served in the restaurant or, if the builders were prevented working on that area until 9:15 when breakfast is over. Just a thought.
Overall though; really good and I would stay again. If you do stay, you must eat there because that's a lot of what this place is all about.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally a 16 th Century Cider House this is the classic Cotswold Inn on the village green that warms the soul as soon as you see it .Excellent food ,well kept Ales and twelve delightful bedrooms combined with a priceless atmosphere give you the complete Cotswold Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your The King's Head Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The King`s Head Hotel Bledington
- The King's Head Inn Bledington, Oxfordshire