We have stayed at The King's Head every January bar one for the past 10 years. (We once ventured dissapointingly to a a local alternative).
We believe it to be the best PUB/INN that we know and we speak as frequent travellers who dine in top restaurants on a regular basis and stay in 5* accomodation o'seas.
The ambience and feel of the pub is just right, allied to a wondrous setting on a quiet green in a small, tranquil village. Absolute picture perfect. But location is not all, the main bar is superb - excellently kept beers, interesting wines and a massive inglenook fireplace,( the smaller bar has a wood burner). The food is excellent with "real" meat and daily fresh fish available. The courtyard rooms are well designed, and decorated and provide a comfortable quiet night's sleep. Those not used to" country winters" ought to find the double radiators sufficient - though an additional electric rad is supplied too.
We find the service to be spot on - friendly and attentive, without being invasive and the owner Archie is a rightly popular local figure. As indicated, we have atayed all over the place and we find this our Number 1 !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally a 16 th Century Cider House this is the classic Cotswold Inn on the village green that warms the soul as soon as you see it .Excellent food ,well kept Ales and twelve delightful bedrooms combined with a priceless atmosphere give you the complete Cotswold Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, HotelsClick and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your The King's Head Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The King`s Head Hotel Bledington
- The King's Head Inn Bledington, Oxfordshire