“I've always had excellent food here”

Oaks Restaurant & Bar
Oaks Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Chesterton
Price range: US$34 - US$62
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I've eaten here many times for business purposes and as a couple.

Presentation is excellent and food well prepared and tasty.

I will return.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

Took my wife here for lunch with my daughter on her birthday. Food was good, but not outstanding. Wine reasonably priced. Only one girl on in the restaurant, but as we were the only diners, to be expected. The chips with my steak, looked like they were pre-cooked and zapped in a microwave (burnt the roof of my mouth). On the whole a good experience, will probably try it in the evening.

Reviewed 7 September 2012

The Chef was obviously experienced and the presentation was good. Most of the food was nicely cooked but the steak was flat and thin, not like surloin usually is and the taste not so good. The rump of Lamb was tasty but half of it was fat.

Reviewed 5 September 2012

The food was excellent and well presented.
There was a good choice of dishes.
Service was very good.
Breakfast on one day was let down by coffee and tea being self service. Otherwise was fine.

Reviewed 29 August 2012

The quality & presentation were superb - my wife says so!
Prices are OK & with wine we spent £25 per head