“A great hotel to visit”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chesterton
Downham Market
“A great hotel to visit”
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

I've visited this hotel on numerous business occasions over the past three years and stayed over on almost every visit. The staff are great and really do make you welcome as well as going out of their way to make your stay comfortable. The bedrooms are a good size, comfortable and with great showers. The food is good and well presented. The Manager, Clive, Assistant Manager, Sharon and Head Receptionist Una (I hope that is the correct spelling) are a great team and a marvellous advert for this hotel. If visiting Oxford, the Bicester Shopping Village or any of the other historic part of Oxfordshire, The Bignell Park Hotel is the perfect venue to base yourself.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank George M
Clive W, General Manager at Bignell Park Hotel, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your numerous visits to Bignell Park Hotel.

I have passed on your comments to all members of the team, who wish you well in your retirement and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
UK
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My husband took for for a birthday weekend stay at Bignell Park Hotel in January 2014. We stayed in the Leamington room.
The hotel and room were impressive. Our room had lovely high ceilings and was tastefully decorated. The bed was large and particularly comfortable which I appreciated being 5 months pregnant at the time. The only thing I would say though is the room did have an overpoweringly and somewhat slightly unpleasant smell to it. I'm not sure if it was just because being pregnant I was more sensitive to smells at the time, although my husband did point it out on one occasion when we returned to our room. I'm not sure if it was the smell of furniture or what, but I didn't find it too pleasant.
Also worth mentioning that the wifi connection is pretty poor to non-existent in the rooms, however, if you're looking to take a break from it all, it's ideal.
Worth mentioning that breakfast was pretty good. The only think I would say is that it would have been nice if it could ave run a little later in the mornings.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank L4R4
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay in January at Bignell Park Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay, especially the breakfast and room facilities and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We have just returned from this hotel after a two night stay, as a disabled person in a wheelchair I was disappointed with the facilities for disabled access and bathroom. This is a lovely hotel set in a really nice part of Oxfordshire close to Bicester and Oxford. The room was nicely set up and the bed was absolute luxury. The down side for me was we booked it as a disabled access room but although the bathroom was wide enough for me gain entry there wasn't a single safety rail anywhere. The shower was impossible to access and the only way for me to shower was to sit on the floor and stretch up to the shower control. Surely if you rent out a room for disabled people it should have at least the bare minimum safety needs in place. This was the down side for me and unfortunately I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone with a disability.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Bignell Park Hotel.

It is pleasing to note your positive comments regarding the hotel.

I have also noted your comments regarding disability access. The room you occupied is advertised as a disabled accessible room, which it is. I have, however taken your views on board and am currently investigating the most appropriate measures that we can take to improve facilities for disabled guests.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very attractive and has a lovely setting amid the green Oxfordshire countryside and tiny village of Chesterton. Our room was spacious, clean, comfortable and bright. The food was delicious and we enjoyed our dinner very much, despite there being only one other table in. The staff were very friendly and helpful. And my hot stone massage was amazing, a lovely end to a very pleasant stay.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Peachykins
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Bignell Park Hotel.

We are delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2014

we were a party of four,staying two nights with a KGB deal.Plenty to eat at breakfast,a really good selection.We decided to have the evening meal on the first night.Unfortunately the prices were a bit steep to say the least for the quantity on the plate!The next night we decided to try the pub in the village.Great food and great Guiness! Bedrooms were large and clean ,bed comfortable.Staff were friendly and helpful so made you welcome.The hotel is ideally situated for Oxford.Only 15 minutes to the Water Eaton Park and Ride.We would all stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank keith m
Clive W, General Manager at Bignell Park Hotel, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Bignell Park Hotel.

It is especially pleasing to note that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and would definitely return in the future.

Our menu is an A la Carte Menu with portion sizes to enable the guests to enjoy the experience of a 3 course meal without feeling uncomfortable. There is also a separate Bar, Lounge and Room Service Menu for guests who would prefer something lighter.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future when it is hoped you will once again enjoy your stay.
South Cave, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2014

My wife and I have just returned from a pleasant and enjoyable two night stay at the Bignell Park Hotel in Chesterton. An attractive hotel in a beautiful setting, located in a lovely village just outside Bicester. Superb facilities, excellent restaurant, made all the better by a friendly, welcoming and professional management and staff; Nothing was too much trouble for them. We also had our black Labrador with us who was made very welcome and enjoyed the local walks too!
We found this hotel to be an ideal base from which to explore the area with good local shopping and proximity to the towns of Oxford and Banbury.
We are looking forward to a return visit in the not too distant future.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank David W
Clive W, General Manager at Bignell Park Hotel, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Bignell Park Hotel.

Wow! What a great review, thank you for such positive comments regarding your recent stay with us. I will certainly pass on your kind comments to the entire team to ensure they are aware that their efforts are appreciated.

I do hope you will be able to visit us again and experience even more of the same hospitality that we are known for.
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Easy to find and a pleasant surprise as I drove in through the gates.
Large car park right by the enterance to the hotel and after a few steps I was in the reception.
A fast and easy check in was followed by a wander down the hall to a lovely junior suite.
The evenings meal was yet another surprise as the food was of a far superior standard than I had expected and was a true delight.
Thank you to Clive (the manager) and his team, I will be back

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank DYC1
Thank you for your kind words following your recent stay at Bignell Park Hotel.

It is pleasing to discover that you found both the food and service from staff of a high standard and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chesterton
The Manor
The Manor
#1 of 1 in Weston on the Green
The King's Arms Hotel & Restaurant
Travelodge Bicester hotel
Premier Inn Bicester Hotel
Best Western The Jersey Arms Hotel
Best Western The Jersey Arms Hot...
#1 of 1 in Middleton Stoney
Travelodge Bicester Cherwell Valley M40

Been to Bignell Park Hotel? Share your experiences!