“Amazing & Relaxing Getaway”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Wagon in the woods

Table and bench
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Table and bench
It's a bath!
BBq and campfire area
Enjoy a cosy, rest-filled retreat in rural Hampshire
Complementary milk, tea, coffee, sugar and a wagon wheel!
Inside flushing toilet
Retro outside but inside it's DAB!
Cutlery, plates, pans etc all you need to rustle up a feast!
The view of the hot tub and wagon while you dine on some flame grilled delights!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 21 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Billy H
“Amazing & Relaxing Getaway”
Reviewed 14 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

My Girlfriend booked a one night stay here for my birthday. After reading the reviews I had high expectations and I can say that it did not disappoint. Ralph was very helpful showing us around the Wagon and how it all works including the hot tub which stayed very warm throughout the whole stay. Ralph even spent some time showing us around the new project he has going on which I will definitely be looking to visit once it has been complete. Firewood and fire starters were provided along with matches so it was easy to start a fire which we used to cook our food we had bought up with us. In the wagon there is also complimentary hot chocolate and marshmallows. Inside the wagon was very cosy and the big windows allowed in natural daylight. Cutlery, plates etc is provided so there is no need to bring your own.

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed the stay and would definitely recommend this to friends (some of which have already booked this since seeing my girlfriends pictures uploaded to social media).

Your age range 18-24
Alice L
“Amazing remote wagon stay”
Reviewed 17 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Wow what is not to say about the wagon in the woods. We stayed only one night but had the most relaxing and lovely night away. Ralph and his mother were very helpful and showed us around the wagon! The hot tub was in the process of warming up when we arrived and we took a country walk while we waited. We were able to cook sausages and bacon on the open fire and also roast marshmallows- delicious. We also played board games in the wagon and dipped in and out of the hot tub all evening. Such an amazing stay and I hope to go back.

Toby k
“Exceeded all expectations”
Reviewed 13 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Came here as a surprise 21st birthday treat for my girlfriend and was immediately wowed. It's even better in person than it is in pictures. The views. The hot tub.The fire pit. The craftsmanship and interior decoration.
The wagon In the woods , Although cosy and small it is not cramped in any way and offers plenty of space for relaxation. I will be recommending this place to all my friends and family so they can experience the quirky beauty and joy that we did.

Your age range 25-34
Management Response
13 Jun 2017
Glad you had a great time Toby. The wagon is such a fun project she will keep getting better!!!
Devokees
Ocean View, Delaware
“A phenomenal place to stay and very unique!”
Reviewed 14 April 2017 for a stay in October 2016
person found this review helpful

I can't say enough good things about the Wagon in the woods. It is such a beautiful place! I was able to take some fantastic photos of the landscape here. I also got to meet up with an old film making buddy with memories that will last forever! Ralph and his wife are the greatest! They are excellent hosts that go above and beyond and were very helpful!

I am very impressed with the Wagon and it's lay out as Ralph designed and built this from scratch! It is very secluded and private. The wagon was stocked with fresh milk, tea and coffee and also included wagon wheel candies.

The hot tub is amazing and unique, and the grill for cooking outside was absolutely amazing and cooked my meal to perfection! It just blows my mind how awesome this place is!

I recommend it to anyone and everyone, and I will definitely be back again!

oldbid
england
“A very special place!”
Reviewed 15 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

So difficult to find something to say in praise of it that other guests have not already said! I booked this as a surprise birthday treat for my husband and we both loved and enjoyed every minute we spent there! It is a special place with so many thoughtful and wonderfully quirky touches, quite unique, romantic and so cosy and warm. A special place indeed.
Ralph is a great host and so helpful too in keeping it all a surprise until we actually walked down the path and arrived at the wagon.
We were lucky enough to enjoy a glorious sunrise through the wagon window in the morning, all the lovely birdsong, including owls in the evening and a bit of stargazing
in the hot tub too. A March hare even put in an appearance too!
Thank you Ralph and Lucy for creating such a lovely place to stay.

Reviewed 18 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017

Rebecca S
“What a wonderful place”
Reviewed 2 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017
person found this review helpful

I surprised my boyfriend for his birthday with a night here. Ralph (the host) was fantastic and showed us around and got the hot tub going - which was the highlight, you have to do it to get the full experience!!! The wagon is comfy and perfectly heated for a cold and rainy night. Make sure to leave the curtains open to be woken up by the most amazing sunrise I have seen in a long time. Would 100% recommend a trip here.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing