“Honest and Friendly”
Review of The Bell Hotel

The Bell Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Faringdon
Reviewed 25 July 2012

The hotel is definitely in need of some TLC, which is gradually being done, but it's warm, clean and welcoming. Mel is a lovely hostess and hugely accomodating to your needs. It has got to be said, probably one of the best hotel/B&B Full English Breakfasts I've ever had! Good beer, nice courtyard garden and a really convenient location

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Andy H

Reviewed 21 May 2012 via mobile

A lovely hotel with character . The room was very clean with a comfortable bed . Small clean bathroom but the shower was luke warm . Good location in the main market square , great place to sit with a drink and watch the world go by . We also ate in the pub and the food was excellent , good honest pub grub , home cooked and fresh , lots to choose from on the menu . The owners mad us very welcome and the music choice in the bar was great , taking us back in time , listening to some classic tunes a great way to start an evening .
Breakfast was great with lots of choice and nothing too much trouble . After a great evening out at a friends 40 th birthday party , I was feeling a little jaded to say the least and couldn't face my breakfast so took my sausage sandwich home in foil ! A lovely touch and appreciated later on when I felt like eating !!
We would certainly recommend the hotel and hope to stay again when we are over that way . Thank you for making us so welcome .

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Marciacollette
Reviewed 18 May 2012

My husband and I and our enormous longhaired German-Shepherd stayed at this very friendly hotel in Faringdon whilst visiting family and friends in the Oxfordshire area. We were greeted warmly by all, enjoyed a good meal that was served hot. The waiter was friendly and attentive, the bedroom was warm clean and comfy, breakfast was supberb served at the time requested and served hot. We recommend a visit and will definately go back when visiting the area.
Thankyou.
Mal, Maddie and Poppy Walker

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank malcolm w
Reviewed 10 May 2012

Stayed for a night at the The Bell Hotel with my partner and young son. The owners were very welcoming and couldn't be more helpful when our son was poorly. The food was lovely, especially the breakfast. Ample parking at the rear. Room was large and comfortable. A very charming, characterful building - would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I read the other reviews and must have gone to the wrong hotel. I was greeted by a man who did not know any arrangements e.g my bathroom was down the hall and wasn't sure if I had to lock it, internet login (was provided later in fairness). We established by visit that it bolted inside. It was a tired bathroom, no shower and as I was on business do I really have time for a bath a.m. No in case you had to guess. I was provided luke warm water form the bathroom tap in the morning...don't know where the hot went. Room was clean but not great. No headboard meant my pillows lay over some pipes so as people used water at night the flow through the pipes was an interesting interlude in what otherwise was a restful night. It was very restful as I could not get the tv to tune in either. When I descended for breakfast (notices said breakfast 08.00. I asked for just cereal and toast as I needed to get away...apparently if I had asked earlier breakfast could be arranged. I had gone down the evening before after working until 20.45 to ask for a sandwich to be told kitchen shuts at 08.30...made do with a partly eaten kebab from a nearby take out. The cereal was fine and the toast demonstrated a keen attitude to energy saving and environmentalism as it may well have been exposed to a nanosecond of UV rays had it been sunny. Yes you have guessed, not a happy bunny, a bit of info and effort would have gone a long way but my arrival appeared inconvenient my payment welcomed.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank Stan J
Reviewed 9 March 2012

We spent only one night at the Bell, but we would go back any time we`re in the area. Mel and Eddie are great hosts and it was obvious to us that it is a labour of love for them. They even welcomed our great, huge dog like a friend! Our room was very nice, the meals were phenomenal (best duck I`ve ever had) and the pub was a hoot. It was clear to us that the locals think a lot of the Bell and we completely understand.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LeicesterKat
Reviewed 25 January 2012

We were warmly welcomed after a long journey, and had a hearty, tasty meal. A quiet night's sleep and a decent breakfast set us up for a busy day. It is good to see this traditional inn still keeps its character, and the ale was great! There was off-road parking behind the hotel, and at the front you step out of the main door straight into the heart of this old market town - a lovely location. Thank you for a good visit.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Pam d
Also consider these accommodations in or near Faringdon
Sudbury House
#1 of 1 in Minster Lovell
Stanton House Hotel
Stanton House Hotel
#3 of 24 in Swindon

Been to The Bell Hotel? Share your experiences!