The Old Crown is a lovely, historic building, with lots of interesting features, creaky floorboards, a great courtyard, in the middle of a market square. On to the rooms, we stayed in a superior double, the two superiors are over the bar at the front of the inn, so can get quite noisy of an evening with the locals , we did know there would be some noise, so wasn't really that bothered, it is a pub after all! but if you want a quieter room, stay at the back. We loved the décor of our room, white French style furniture with a big , comfy bed. The bathroom was very clean with a great shower. The only downside was there wasn't many coffee and tea sachets, and they was not replaced the next day either or the cups washed, for two days stay, 2 teabags just isn't enough. We ate in the courtyard the first evening, as the weather was lovely , we ordered burgers which were homemade and huge! very nice. I was a bit disappointed with our breakfast, we ordered the full English which comprised of one small sausage, bacon a fried egg and a spoonful of beans, no tomato or mushrooms. It tasted nice enough to be fair, just didn't seem to be enough of it! There was tea, coffee, and juice to help yourself to. One the second morning we were served by a lovely lady who coped very well on her own with a full room of diners, she was rushed off her feet! The staff seemed nice enough, though we did ask a few questions about the building (being real history fans) but they didn't seem to know which was a shame.
On the whole we enjoyed our stay at the Old Crown Inn. One plus we discovered is that the bus straight to Oxford stops right outside the Inn, so very handy to use rather than driving, and at £6 return , cheaper too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 16th century coaching inn arranged around a cobbled courtyard. Rustic bar at the front of the property with open fire and real ales. Courtyard lounge serves breakfast and coffee each morning. Carvery every Sunday lunch time ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Old Crown Coaching Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Crown Coaching Hotel Faringdon
- Old Crown Coaching Inn Faringdon, Oxfordshire